Archinect
anchor

Start up Camera?

colinst16

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to get into photography as a little bit of a side hobby, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good camera to start off with? I'd like to focus on photographing buildings mostly, but will probably be shooting whatever I see and think is cool. I've been recommended something in the Panasonic Lumix family, is that line decent quality? I really have no idea, so any help would be great.

Thanks

Dec 3, 12 9:49 pm
quizzical

The Lumix LX-5 is functionally (but not cosmetically) equivalent to the Leica D-Lux 5, but has a shorter warranty and a much lower price. I have the D-Lux and it's a great camera for the money. I think you'll find the LX-5 to be a good entry level (non DSLR) camera. There are many reviews online - I recommend you wallow in those before making a final decision.

Dec 3, 12 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

fuji x10

Dec 4, 12 12:36 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i have the canon eos rebel and i like it.  i would love to get a wide-angle lens with a really big aperture (low f-stop) too, so i can take near fish-eye shots for interiors when it's kind of dark or exteriors when you just can't stand in the right spot to get a picture.  i suppose i haven't designed enough interiors yet to make me go out and buy a new lens.

Dec 4, 12 7:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: