Archinect
anchor

Rhino - Make2D

Ngammella

Whenever I use the Make2D command with my rhino model, the lines I get are often not connected. This presents problems in Illustrator when I try to live paint things. Is there a way of using Make2D so that this doesn't happen?

Note - My model is very detailed and at a small scale. Should I scale it up before using Make2D?

Nov 15, 12 10:40 am
aphorismal

Increase the tolerance in the Rhino options.  The consequence of this is that Make2d will take a lot longer.  Scaling the model up might also work to the same effect.

Nov 15, 12 1:03 pm  · 
 · 
doodle

Not sure if this is relevant to your issue, but I notice the issue about not connecting lines occurring when your the surfaces from your camera view are not fully defined. For example, if you try to extract a Make2D of two separate intersecting surfaces, I find that the Make2d is not able to draw the point at which they intersect. If you split the surfaces however so that this line is defined, the command doesn't have any issues. 

Nov 16, 12 6:56 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

NERDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 16, 12 8:32 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Make 2D likes clean, simple, defined geometry from a clean camera angle in order for lines to meet up perfectly.  I always post-process my linework in rhino or autocad before going anywhere else with it.

Nov 16, 12 6:11 pm  · 
 · 

define all the intersections manually by using the "Intersection" command (curve > curve from objects > intersection) and select all objects

Nov 18, 12 5:27 am  · 
 · 
Ever try the command "silhouettes" ?That should give you the curves of the geometry. Than just project curves onto a planar surface. Theres many ways as described above to achieve similar outcomes in rhino.

Goodluck.
Nov 19, 12 12:11 am  · 
 · 
DaveZ

no one fucking uses Rhino in the real world.  stop wasting your time.  I bet you went to u of m

Nov 25, 12 11:26 pm  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: