Archinect
anchor

DIA in Dessau, ICD in Stuttgart or SAC in Frankfurt???...

DannyBoy

Hi everybody... I'm deciding where study my master degree...

I'm looking for the best master program about digital architecture in Germany...

DIA in Dessau, ICD inStuttgart or SAC in Frankfurt???...

What do you think???...

Thank you very much for your help...

Danny.

Nov 12, 12 6:43 pm
IamGray

What degree do you have now? Do you wish to become an architect in the future? Because  a degree from SAC for example will not allow you to enter the architects Kammer (it's a post-graduate degree and not equivalent to a Diplom or Masters).

DIA is a small international school in a tiny city. Uni Stuttgart is a huge, mostly German school in a much bigger city, with all of the opportunities that come with it.

Stuttgart is definitely more known and well regarded within Germany, and the faculty is "better" than DIA's, but how that reflects on the quality of education, I can't really say.

sprichst du Deutsch? Unlike the other two, Uni Stuttgart is still a German-language institution and you'll need to pass the TestDaf, DSH, Goethe Exam or similar to study there (assuming you're an international applicant). Other schools worth considering in the German speaking world with an emphasis on digital/algoramithic/computational design are FH Trier, ABK Stuttgart, ETH Zürich, die Angewandte Wien, and Uni Innsbruck.

If you have any other questions, just ask!

Nov 13, 12 4:19 am  · 
1  · 
chatter of clouds

no you dont need germsn to get into the ICD judging from the website. but other stuttgart programs have language requirements

Nov 13, 12 10:26 am  · 
1  · 
IamGray

Ok, that's certainly something one would have to clarify. Mind you, I left Stuttgart a couple years ago now and it appears that ICD is trying to expand their international appeal, but I still find it very hard to believe that one could earn an entire degree from Uni Stuttgart without speaking German.

Nov 13, 12 11:39 am  · 
1  · 
bugaluu

Are there any good schools in Berlin?

May 27, 13 5:50 am  · 
 · 
rockybenny

Hi all,

As a student here, to be honest, I must give you an seriously advice that NEVER GO TO DIA. it's very bad!!!!

you can see my comment here

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/16874435/dessau-institute-of-architecture-dia/50

Mar 2, 16 8:24 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: