Archinect
anchor

Arundhati Roy

calatrava

I listened to this speech while on the way to Fresno for a job site meeting. If Michael Moore's documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 is a must see before casting your vote on November, this is a must hear.

http://www.archive.org/download/dn2004-0823/dn2004-0823-1_64kb.mp3

or visit www.democracynow.org and look for Monday Aug.23, 2004 show.

Aug 24, 04 2:01 pm

or go to the news section for Public Power in the Age of Empire

Aug 24, 04 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i drove home at or below the speed limit yesterday just to make sure i could hear all of her speech. absolutley brilliant...

Aug 24, 04 6:04 pm  · 
 · 

Reviving this old thread inspired by a recent NYT article on Arundhati Roy the Not-So-Reluctant Renegade.

Have been a fan/follower of her writings/politics for awhile (picked up a anthology of her political writings while in India). but didn't know any back story.

Is it common knowledge on Archinect that she studied architecture in school. At the School of Planning and Architecture. Also didn't know she had made a film or two. Anyone out there a fan of 1989 'In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones'

Finally, anyone out there read/have a link for her final project/thesis 'Postcolonial Urban Development in Delhi'?

Apr 3, 14 9:54 pm  · 
 · 

No has anything huh?

Apr 6, 14 6:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: