Archinect
anchor

Another "great" job opportunity

bowling_ball

Recently got laid off, and in searching for work, my gf came across this great job offer! "I'm looking for an architect/draftsman who can come up with a professional and excellent presentation of a new 2D house plan, elevations, section, new facade, new roof design. I have the plan supplied by my client in paper. The existing house needs a new layout design because of the addition of 2 extra garage and 1 bigger walk in closet,better design of the hallway towards the bedroom,a better plan, a new facade and a new roof design.So the candidates has to show his skills to supply a logic and nice plan. Drawings must includes all constructions details, such as wall sections, 4 sections as per the package I will forward to the hired candidate. We are located in Canada, so you will need to be familiar with our building codes. I will need as well a 3d modelling structure of the house with wireframe. At least 3 revisions must be included, more revisions will be considered a considerable "plus" for the candidate. It's very important the candidate will communicate with me daily to be updated for the progress and for other communications. Maximum availability it's a MUST for this project. If the candidate is not available on skype and email daily please don't apply. Deliverable must be a complete package with all notes, details and specs to submit to the city hall. Job must be excellent and very detailed.First sketch must be supplied early next week October 15-16th at the latest Canada morning time. Max budget is 250$ This is going to be the first of a long term cooperation." Wow. What else is there to say?

Oct 14, 12 5:54 pm
bowling_ball

Wish i could edit this, the formatting got lost...

Oct 14, 12 5:59 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

did they miss a few zeros to the $250 or what? ... demanding cheapskate!  who the fuck do they think we are?  I could make 250$ faster working for mcdonalds minus the stress and responsibilities xD

Oct 14, 12 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

where did you find the ad btw? 

Oct 14, 12 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

i want to have some fun 

Oct 14, 12 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Are they paying in Canadian dollars too? That's like an extra $5 here in 'merica

:facepalm:

Oh and please post this ad I would love to "apply" for this project. 

Oct 14, 12 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
calculator

wow.  

also, "canada morning time" is hilarious.  Canada has 6 time zones.

Oct 14, 12 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

tell me its a joke one of you posted xD

Oct 14, 12 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

You've asked, so here it is

https://www.odesk.com/o/jobs/job/ARCHITECT-DRAFTSMAN-MODELLING_~016b3c59c2d022a76f/

Oct 14, 12 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

No, no, no.  This has to be a put-on.  Plans, specs, 4 sections, 3D outline, details, design work, "more than 3 revisions a plus" and being at their beck and call 24/7, all for the princely sum of $250.00!   This is a real howler!  How are they going to pick the lucky applicant?  Maybe multiple out of town (for you) interviews at your expense.  Good God.

Oct 14, 12 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

I have a pretty hard time believing this is real too...

Oct 14, 12 10:36 pm  · 
 · 
i r giv up

let the real trolling begin.

anyone want to suggest what my pseudonym will be?

Oct 14, 12 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
Quentin

$250 hahahahaha

Oct 15, 12 7:41 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I can't imagine this is real, but I have no reason to believe it's trolling, either. It's on a job site I've never heard of, and they have other similar help-wanted ads up there, including this one (https://www.odesk.com/o/jobs/job/Edit-text-for-graphic-design-studio-website_~018ded5c28eba3371d/) asking for website proofreading for $20.

They're definitely a foreign company. Or something. I don't know. But it seems weird that anybody would put up a troll ad on a site where nobody will ever see it. I think somebody should get in touch with them.

Oct 15, 12 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

this ad might be legit.. here is someone's response to a similar ad in Canada I believe xD

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/egr/3332954882.html

Oct 15, 12 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

that ad might be legit... here is someones response to a similar ad in Canada xD

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/egr/3332954882.html

Oct 15, 12 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: