Archinect
anchor

Architecture jobs for EU citizens in SE Asia

cmwhitaker

I have noticed several posts on the job situation for Hong Kong and Singapore in this Forum, which have been very useful - so thanks for those. I was just wondering if anyone had any information about jobs in China, Malaysia or Vietnam as well?

Also, what is the best way to start applying for these jobs? To already be located out there or to get in touch with practices via email? What other differences have you encountered when looking for work there (compared to looking for work in, for example, the UK) with regards to skills required, portfolio style, interviews etc? Do you know of any good job forums / recruiters? 

Finally, does anyone have any experiences or advice regarding work permits / visas for EU citizens wanting to work out in SE Asia? 

I'm looking to relocate next year and, after a couple of years working in the humanitarian sector, wish to get back into professional practice.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Oct 11, 12 11:41 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: