Archinect
anchor

BFA-Interior Design, thinking M.Arch, MBA or M.RED. Any Suggestion?

SnowLeopard

I graduated with BFA-Interior Design at California College of the Arts. The school system was more focused on interior architecture. I graduated in last May, and went Parsons for a summer session called Constructed Environment. I haven't worked in the field yet (Currently looking for a job). I majored in Interior Design, but I'm also interested in Architecture and Business. (Just to mention, I went study abroad in Argentina/Chile for architecture classes.) I'm thinking about working for few years at an architecture/ interior design firm, and achieve either M.Arch, MBA or M.RED. 

These are my thoughts how these master's degree can lead me in the future. Please correct me if I'm wrong, and give me more insights. 

M.Arch can lead me to work both in interior & architectural design, helping me to become a well-rounded architect.      

MBA can help me become a project manager or achieving a higher position. I could open my own interior design firm. It could lead me to work in the real estate field or work in other business field.   

M.RED can help me to jump into the real estate development field. (I didn't research much about how real estate works and the positions.)

Which Master's degree do you think has the most potential for a successful career or a happy career perhaps?(I know everyone is different , but I'm asking in general.) Also, I'm 25 years old. When do you think it's the best time for me to pursue Master's?

I heard from people that interior designers are at the lowest position at Architecture firm and they get paid less than architects. Is interior designer's reputation pretty low? I majored in Interior Design just because I was interested in and I'm good at art and math, I didn't research about the reputation, salary, job availability or working hours that time... kinda regret. 

I would like to hear Architects& Designers' suggestions and their life experiences. Any suggestions about pursuing either M.Arch, MBA or M.RED after BFA-Interior Design?

Sep 30, 12 8:36 am
Znaika

I have my eyes on M.RED or an MBA. The more I think about it, an M.Arch just doesn't seem to pay off. 

Dec 15, 12 4:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: