Archinect
anchor

Portfolio - Fonts

won and done williams

when i did my thesis on las vegas, i bought the tiki font family from house. i whip it out every now and again when i can be playful with type.

my favorite all-purpose font, palatino. it's a great, subtle background font - doesn't make too much of itself, but is still elegant. similarly, mrs. eaves, but does start to feel like a charles dickens novel after a while.

Aug 31, 07 3:32 pm  · 
 · 

greetings, wanted to know your take on my choice o text for my portfolio, Impact and Century Gothic

May 12, 19 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

It's a slightly strange combination, because both are better for announcement type things - headers, posters, notices. Neither reads great in large amounts. So if you've got a little block of descriptive text for each project - more than a sentence or two - then I wouldn't choose either of those two fonts for that text. The other weirdness - though maybe it's a deliberate juxtaposition - is that the moods of the two don't necessarily go together. Century Gothic seems like a simple/dumb/naive though maybe contented font - it reminds me of colored plastic alphabet letter refrigerator magnets. Impact seems angry, blunt, and industrial - like you stomped your portfolio with heavy stencils. Maybe that's what you're going for? If so then good.

May 13, 19 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Have to see it first, have a teaser or something?

May 13, 19 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
G4tor

Comic Sans on everything. 

May 13, 19 3:24 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: