Archinect
anchor

RHINO: Noise is covering pointer/markeur when using OSNAP tool.

kristobal

When the pointer/markeur snaps onto a line,end,point etc. on the drawing, I experience a 1cmx1cm "noise" partly covering the pointer/markeur. In other words: It is like drawing without seeing the tip of you pen. I have an Acer TravelMate 8202 with good specifications and a 512mb ATI X1600 graphics card.
Have anyone heard about a similar case?

Apr 26, 07 4:06 am
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Sounds like graphics corruption. Make sure you are using the most recent drivers for your graphics card?

Apr 26, 07 4:29 am  · 
 · 

right click on your desktop and select properties to get to your monitor settings. click the settings tab, then the advanced button, then click the troubleshoot tab. toggle the slider around.

i had the same problem with rhino and an ati card and i called rhino tech support and they suggested moving that slider which fixed it.

Apr 26, 07 8:42 am  · 
 · 
log*

This exact thing happens in my Rhino program. I don't think it is related to recent-ness of drivers -- assuming a brand new computer comes with recent drivers? I installed a legitimate version of Rhino (not cracked!) on a new computer about two months ago, and it had that problem from the start. To test it, a friend tried installing the program from the same CD. His computer is 1.5 years older, and did not have that problem. It's such a mean little bug -- because it blocks the very area of the screen you want to see clearly at that moment! I'll check and see if maybe I have the same graphics card as you.... In the meantime, have you tried just reinstalling the program?

Apr 26, 07 8:49 am  · 
 · 
log*

Thanks for that info, 8888.

Apr 26, 07 8:52 am  · 
 · 
aseid

same problem here, think its an ati problem

Apr 27, 07 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
grauster

it's definitely an ATI problem...the ibm's spec'd by my grad school last year all had that problem even with the fireGL pro cards. it's something with ati's drivers and rhino's openGL rendering. nvidia cards, even the prosumer gaming ones, don't have that problem. perhaps you casn check for the last "certified" driver ati released for rhino, if they have that section on their website, i know nvidia keeps a catalogue of their recent certified drivers...hope this helps.

Apr 27, 07 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
log*

I did what 8888 suggested (on my XP is was Properties, Settings Tab - then Advanced button - then Troubleshoot tab). I moved the slider down one notch and the fuzz went away. Not sure if there are other effects, but so far so good. :)

May 3, 07 12:35 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

nice fix log

i've had this problem for over a year now and you just fixed it. brilliant!

May 3, 07 3:17 am  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

just fyi, even if you buy a new computer, there may be updates available for your graphics card drivers from the ATi website.

May 3, 07 3:31 am  · 
 · 
kristobal

Oh my good! I followed you instructions and problems was fixed. It took me 15 seconds to fix it, 6 months to find out....
Thank you so much 8888! You made my day!
This is the first time I have ever posted my queries in a forum. I am overwhelmed by the respons. You are good people!

May 3, 07 4:36 am  · 
 · 
arch_cratt

I've been having this problem for a while now, does anyone know how to fix? please

Aug 26, 14 6:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: