Archinect
anchor

Run Hillary Run

boy in a well

if its a marriage of convenience then its not philandering.

but, of course, etymologically, it would still be philandering.

which is why i dont trust etymologies.

'true sense' my ass!

Mar 7, 13 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

The bumper sticker says:

Run Hillary Run

Democrats put it on the rear bumper. Republicans put it on the front bumper. Intelligent people put it in the garbage.

Mar 7, 13 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

but everyone buys it.  well played miles and hillary.  well played.

Mar 7, 13 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Man, I was a dick 5 or 6 years ago; I'm sorry Madame Secretary. Now, will you please run for president in 16?

Mar 7, 13 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

was?

Mar 8, 13 12:06 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Shit, I still am, that is of course you and Cheney still blow donkeys.

Mar 8, 13 12:21 am  · 
 · 
observant

Hillary, don't run.  Just keep whipping your husband.  Make sure he gets No-Doz, too.

Who can ever forget Slick Willie's lengthy, megalomaniacal speech before boarding Air Force One for the very last time.  He just couldn't let go of the podium/microphone.

Mar 8, 13 12:25 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

deleted . . . really...

its was for the best.

Mar 8, 13 12:43 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

deleted . . . really...

its was for the best.

^--- this is, by a large margin, the most intelligent thing i've seen on archinect in a long time.  the thoughtfulness required to not add to this thread is inspiring.  it returns to me a bit of faith in the future of humanity i thought i lost.  if anyone still does a 'best of archinect this week' or 'this year' thing, i nominate this post.

hey observant, where did you go to school?

Mar 8, 13 7:40 am  · 
 · 
Jadzia

Looks like someone wouldn't take "someplace good" for an answer. ^^

Mar 8, 13 10:38 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

OFF TOPIC YOU TWO!!!

Mar 8, 13 11:26 am  · 
 · 

The full quote is actually "Take the money and Run Hillary Run.".

Mar 8, 13 11:35 am  · 
 · 
observant

Like Jadzia said, "someplace good."  Folks, please read the "Truth About Hillary." It might have some sensationalism, but when there are several books, like the other one mentioned above to boot, and about a FIRST LADY, it really makes one shake their head.  They don't write books like this about the Bush wives nor Michelle Obama (who has the same credentials as her husband, worked in law, and is well-liked by most Americans).  If Hillary is the front runner for 2016, I will abstain from voting.  I'm sick of dynasties dominating the White House.

One more thing.   It's too bad that the ability to cast votes isn't based on comparative intelligence.   What a concept ... but wouldn't that be prejudicial?  Nothing annoys me more than hearing some dufus on the street on TV with a microphone in his face say "I think he did a good job," about Clinton, without knowing anything more than that.  Two things about Clinton:  a) he raised the marginal tax rates, not obnoxiously so, which helped the coffers, while the Bush tax cuts drained them, and b) Clinton was in office squarely in the middle of two recessions which, according to what I've studied in a couple of macroeconomics courses, tend to come at fairly predictable intervals, except that this last/current one has "thrown out the rules."

Then you have to question why, as President, he couldn't do better than pudgy Monica Lewinsky, for whom her experience and her souvenir blue dress, is her claim to fame. If she hadn't commiserated with fellow bureaucrat Linda Tripp, who was probably jealous and had a makeover, including some badly needed plastic surgery, after the event, nothing would have become of this.

So, go ahead, I'm sure for the "packaged" thinkers on here, voting for Hillary will be just as trendy as driving a Prius.  Do it.  You'll feel better.  The Dems have 3 years to dish up a better candidate and if Hillary keeps getting hospitalized and taking time to attend to medical issues, she may not even be a viable candidate. I'm a Dem, and I can't stand her.

Mar 8, 13 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
observant

Looks like someone wouldn't take "someplace good" for an answer. ^^

Haha.  That's funny.  Grazie, Jadzia.  Did you study in Italy, or are you from there?  I recall some connection to Italy. 

Mar 8, 13 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

observant,  suspect you talk more than you listen.

elizabeth warren 2016!

Mar 8, 13 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
observant

observant,  suspect you talk more than you listen.

elizabeth warren 2016!

No, curt, I listen quite well and I also see what conformists architects can be (read: "wear same kind of glasses" in different periods of time).  My political, social, or any other set of beliefs do not follow a "full left" or "full right" checklist. 

Mar 8, 13 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

she is gaining momentum over her challengers. she was able to raise shitloads of money for a first time presidential runner. she can cream jeb bush.  i think her and edwards will team up. but i really don't know about their past relationship. is there any bad blood between clintons and edwards? 
it could be a wonderful american love affair. what do you think of pelossi, the other woman? i think, and i agree with architect michael rotondi, a woman or women will save the our american ass from disaster. 

also on another political subject,
what do you think about iran taking british prisoners? i think persians are very sophisticated chess players at this time

pelosi is going to syria. there are a lots of blurs on axis of evil these days.

Apr 9, 15 11:56 pm  · 
 · 

Clinton and Pelosi both sold out long ago. It's a prerequisite for playing the game. 

So many seem to idolize Bill when he was one of the worst presidents we ever had, and I'm not talking about Monica but stuff that matters - Gramm-Leach-Bliley, NAFTA, FCC deregulation, etc. a lot of the really bad stuff happening today is directly attributable to his presidency. 

As far as a woman president goes, I'm all for it. The problem is any president is just a front for the real power. oBOMBa has proven that beyond a doubt (as if any remained after Dubya). Thus electing a woman will not result in equal pay, maternity leave or a softer and gentler anything. In fact I would predict the exact opposite - more war and aggressive imperial action.   

I should say electable woman. Jill Stein would be great, but she'll never get close, especially to the billions necessary to run a corporate media campaign. They arrested her just for attending an Obmneny debate. Makes you wonder what they are afraid of.

Apr 10, 15 7:56 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

yes but what do you think of pelossi, the other woman?

Aug 26, 15 9:27 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

Run, Hillary, run 'n feel the BERN!!!!

and what do you think of pelossi, the other woman?

Oct 26, 15 11:49 pm  · 
 · 
mj100

Sanders/Warren...That's the ticket I would vote for!

Oct 27, 15 8:14 pm  · 
 · 

Hillary will probably not be president

1 how many state governments are controlled by the republicans?

2 how can Hillary stop them from adopting an electoral collage allocation system based on congressional district?

3 how many gerrymandered republican heavy congressional districts are there in these states?

I think if she is the nominee republicans will be rightfully scared and if a few states like Wisconsin, Ohio, Florida, Michigan, Nevada, and Iowa change the way their state allocates electoral votes, which is within their right to do, she will never get to 270.

In 2018 and 2020 state legislative elections will be the most important elections in determining the future of the nation.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Oct 28, 15 1:53 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

2 how can Hillary stop them from adopting an electoral collage allocation system based on congressional district?

you mean electoral votes would better represent the actual popular vote?  oh, the horror!

Under and IN

Fra C

Oct 28, 15 10:28 pm  · 
 · 

Hillary is pulling out the big gun now, hubby and former president Bill.

In a 50-minute harangue, Bill Clinton portrayed Sanders as hypocritical, “hermetically sealed,” and dishonest. He described the attacks by Sanders supporters upon Hillary Clinton and her backers as “sexist.” He accused the Sanders campaign of theft and lies, and mocked the populist’s central argument: “Anybody that doesn’t agree with me is a tool of the establishment.”

Lest we forget, Bill signed a number of critical pieces of legislation that had effects we are still feeling today:

• The Gramm Bliley Leach Act, which deregulated banks and investment companies, unleashing unlimited derivative trading, the housing bubble, the mortgage crisis and the biggest corporate welfare program (TARP) ever seen. 
  • Deregulated a the FCC, allowing a diverse national media to consolidate into a handful of corporate behemoths.  
  • NAFTA, which not only eviscerated domestic manufacturing but also created the immigration crisis where millions of Latin Americans fled to the US for work after losing their jobs to the dumping of US-subsidized agricultural products.
  • The original resolution calling for regime change in Iraq, which laid the groundwork for a program that his successor faithfully followed.

Then there's Madeline Albright's endorsement: 

During a campaign event in Concord on Saturday, the former Secretary of State declared: “Young women have to support Hillary Clinton. The story is not over!”

“They’re going to want to push us back,” she continued. “It’s not done and you have to help. Hillary Clinton will always be there for you. And just remember, there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other.

Sounds to me like desperation based on frustrated sense of entitlement.

Feb 8, 16 8:08 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

10 years later and it's the same people all over again.  I hope this political revolution succeeds. 

Feb 8, 16 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

While Trump and Sanders smell victory, Hillary Clinton contemplates Humiliation

"Hillary has made the exact same mistake in 2016 that she made in 2008: running on her name rather than a clear agenda. In 2008, Obama was against the Iraq War and the Bush doctrine. Hillary was just running as Hillary. In 2016, Bernie is against inequality. Hillary is, yet again, running as Hillary. Her only theme is herself. And not enough voters like her to make this a winning theme."

That may be the understatement of the year.

Feb 9, 16 11:40 am  · 
 · 
tduds

She had a very clear agenda, but nobody gave a shit. They got tickets to the clown show.

Nov 9, 18 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

SEE YOU IN 2020, BITCHES!

maybe we should try pelossi, the other woman?

Nov 9, 16 2:28 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Why not someone not in their 70s?

Nov 9, 18 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

No she's a young girl of 69 years old

Nov 10, 18 3:22 am  · 
 · 
randomised

So Warren is almost double qualified, half year to go or so...

Nov 10, 18 6:45 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Holier-than-thou, self-righteous, sanctimonious Warren has all the characteristics the country needs.

Nov 10, 18 8:46 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Michelle O., according to Michael Moore.

Nov 10, 18 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I'm done voting for anyone born before 1960. Y'all had your shot, time to pass the torch.

Nov 12, 18 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I would not run for President. City Council maybe.

Nov 12, 18 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Run Rick Run!

Nov 13, 18 1:51 am  · 
 · 
randomised

"might be"

Nov 13, 18 3:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: