Archinect
anchor

Salary in Switzerland

usernametaken

Hello fellow ´necters, I'm hoping your combined knowledge and experience can help me a bit...

The situation is, in short: I´ve been offered a job in Switzerland. Basel, to be exact. The mid-sized office (approx. 20-25 architects) wants me (6 years of experience) to join them as project architect. Working permits will be no problem, the language is no problem - everything is sorted out. Leaves one nuisance: the salary.

The thing is: I have no clue what would be a fitting salary in Switzerland. I know that the costs of living are a bit higher there than in the Netherlands and Germany, both places where I worked and lived before. But how much would be fitting to the position, the city and my experience? They have offered me a salary, which seems high (compared to what I'm used to in Germany), but I have no clue if it suits the Swiss context.
Online, there isn't much reliable information to be found - the range of salaries mentioned is quite extreme. There seems to be a annual salary check by the association of Swiss Engineers - but that costs 75 CHF...

I just want to make sure that I'll receive the right kind of compensation. Is there anybody with a ballpark figure to give me arought idea of what would be suited for this kind of job in Basel? I'd appreciate any kind of input!

Jul 24, 12 7:48 am

email me for an answer, data circa 2008... 

Jul 24, 12 8:26 am  · 
 · 
usernametaken

hi Evan, thanks for your willingness to help me out. I can't find a way to contact you, though - there´s no email address on archinect, nor your website to be found. I hope that the gmail address on your pdf portfolio is correct, I' ve emailed you there. Thanks in advance!

Jul 24, 12 10:30 am  · 
 · 
aphorismal

I don't know much about Swiss salary ranges, but 75$ (roughly converted) seems like a pretty fair price to find out information that could potentially net you hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars a year...

Jul 24, 12 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
usernametaken

@aphorismal: true. but at the same time, getting similar information for free isn't that bad either.

Jul 26, 12 5:50 am  · 
 · 
Rusty!

To the Big Mac index! Locate your own country, and then do a ratio to covert to Swaziland! Ta ta!

Jul 26, 12 1:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: