Archinect
anchor

How to Make a Hemisphere out out modelling board

KheeKhee

Im a new student in architecture,have to build a hemisphere out of modelling board...any idea?? Please help me.thank u

Jun 10, 12 4:39 am
accesskb

you're an architect.. you're supposed to think and come up with solutions.  How will draw details, think of design solutions, structural issues etc if you can't even make a hemisphere out of modelling board?  xD

here *borrows you my brain*

Jun 10, 12 5:17 am  · 
 · 
KheeKhee

please,im just a  new student,student....i just need help.

Jun 10, 12 5:24 am  · 
 · 

if you're not after a very smooth surface, you can look up the geodesic dome

http://hilaroad.com/camp/projects/dome/dome.html

if you're after a smoother surface you can always increase the number of triangulations

Jun 10, 12 5:29 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven

this is a throw-away assignment that won't even end up in your portfolio.   just come up with something and move on.  they'll tell you what you did wrong.  it's school, you are allowed to make mistakes.  it's how you learn shit.

Jun 10, 12 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

build it up out of contour rings.

Jun 11, 12 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
accesskb

remember: The importance of school is to try things yourself and try to come up with solutions.  It doesn't matter if you get it right or not.

Jun 12, 12 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
Archrichard

Do a web search of "flattened world globe". You will see the way that maps are projected onto flat surfaces which are then meant to be applied over spherical solids.

Obviously, you will not care about the map image, but the ways you can create a series of connected "tapered lozenges" to form a sphere (or hemisphere) may be inspirational.

Jun 13, 12 3:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: