Archinect
anchor

Can I convert pdf documents into word just using adobe?

May 30 '12 33 Last Comment
JohnMille
May 30, 12 5:39 am

I'm writting my paper and need to extract some paragraph out of pdf materials, but the pdf can not be copied, so I need to convert them to word so that I can edit the text. They said pdf can be saved as word document using adobe so I don’t have to use another tool, but I have no idea how to operate it, there seems no a button to click to change the format? Anyone have the experience? Thanks so much!!

Rusty!
May 30, 12 9:35 am

If the PDF is copy protected, then there is not much you can do to the file other than view it. Try opening it on a Mac. Sometimes copy-protection is not recognised by apple's default pdf viewer. There are also 3rd party tools that will convert PDF to Word regardless of copy protection, but they are not free.

Dani Zoe
May 30, 12 3:35 pm

look for a free OCR (optical character recognition) site. it will try to visually recognize the text in an image. I used this to help a colleague transfer her old tenure portfolio to something more InDesign-able.

WARNING: you will need to really sit and edit the passage afterwards, as OCR is far from perfect.

i r giv up
May 30, 12 9:42 pm

http://www.crackmypdf.com/ works sometimes.

candicecao
May 31, 12 2:03 am

Yes, it’s easy to do that. Just go to Google and search your question, it has a free download, Free PDF to Word Doc Converter is such a desktop document conversion tool to convert Adobe PDF file to Microsoft Word Doc file. But there are many third-party providers, such as PDF to Word Converter which can help you transfer your files easily. Or search How to convert PDF documents to word just using adobe ,you can get some help.

trace™
May 31, 12 12:11 pm

Probably would have been quicker to just retype it      ;-)

Kendra
Jun 2, 12 1:05 am

Yep actually you can convert PDF to text via adobe PDF reader, here is the tutorial:

in the Reader panel "File"  >> "Save as..."  >>  "Text" or "Word"

But if you find that you could not have that done, you might face another problem - The PDF file is secured, you need to unlock PDF first then you can save the PDF as "Word" or "Text".

Or, you could use some PDF Converter which could remove the restriction and convert PDF to word at the same time.

Hope it help:)

lianjump
Jun 2, 12 1:16 am

Your PDF could not be copy is because it is restricted, you could try to unlock a PDF with PDF password remover, you could give it a try, it's free trial!

rationalist
Sep 12, 12 10:50 am

Why is nobody asking, if you're writing the paper, why do you need to copy out of someone else's copy-protected pdf??

RyuArch
Sep 12, 12 11:21 am

@ rastionalist

The last 5 out of 6 post from different users prior to your post most likely are some type of sales person, or person related to the distribution of that software. This is based off all of them typing about how great the product works, a link to the product website, and they are all profiles created in the same month as the post and still maintain only a single post to their forum name.

The forum isn't moderated too well in regards to the spammers (e.g. a month ago when the top 5 or 6 posts were spammed with adverts for some shifty service and they were never removed despite being flagged repeatedly, by me at least.)

rationalist
Sep 12, 12 12:17 pm

ah, good catch. O.P. is probably spammer too.

jonathancook12
Jan 25, 13 7:10 am

You can't convert pdf to word using adobe, you have to use some third party tool which can convert pdf to word. Try Kernel fro PDF to Word tool which can convert pdf files to word without loosing the original formatting of the pdf file.

citizen
Jan 25, 13 12:23 pm

Can you say plagiarism?

One of the most unpleasant tasks I have in teaching is calling in a student who's cut-and-pasted lengthy passages of others' text into the student's assignment.  They fail the assignment, often the class, and are at great risk of suspension or even expulsion.  Universities take this much more seriously than ever before, and more ways to catch it are showing up all the time.

It's much, much better to do your own work.  True, it's harder.  But at least you get to stay and finish your degree.

Toland
Mar 28, 13 11:53 pm

Im not sure whether adobe can convert pdf to word, i 've been using some professional pdf to converting program to help me. it is conveninent. You can have a try, just search in google.

maplelegend
May 8, 13 8:17 am

There’s a easy and free way, just go to docs.google.com, click the upload button to upload your pdf file. Remember to check the option "Convert text from PDF or image files to Google Docs documents " before you click the “start upload” button. After the upload is done you can find the converted file on your Google Docs, now copy the texts to an empty word file, done! With this method you can also convert pdf to ppt if you copy the converted tsts to your empty ppt file.
Or you can simply use a PDF to word converter which will save you a lot of time and trouble. Oh and If you’re using mac there should be a different tool.

poop876
May 8, 13 9:30 am

like Kendra said...open the document in adobe and go to save as......word or text file. 

maplelegend
May 24, 13 2:39 am

You can simply use a PDF to word converter which will save you a lot of time and trouble. Oh and If you’re using mac there should be a different tool.

More information:

How to convert PDF to Word

How to convert PDF to Word on Mac

recthor
Jun 3, 13 11:04 pm

If you wanna save these complicated steps and find a easy way, you can google PDF to word Converter and you will find many useful tools, or google how to convert PDF to word and vice versa to get instructive articles. Good luck:) I think PDF conversion programmes can enable to quickly convert files. i have use PDF converter which can original layouts hyperlinks, Images and tables retained in word ,text, image, Epub, html.but i forgot download the wedsite ,go to google. By the way , pay attention to your system platform, select the suitable one . I use a PDF converter driver found on the internet . Install it and it becomes a selectable converter option.Then you can convert PDFs to many forms  in any program at all, including Adobe Acrobat . Just open a PDF, select convert, and choice a form you want, then you can do pdf to word conversion and vice versa,the task will be finished in several seconds. if you haven't found a good choice  , you can have a try. best wishes.

Hosssfly
Jun 16, 13 10:39 pm

As far as I know, there are many free applications online that promised to do PDF to Word conversion perfectly, some of them I've tried yet, they are hard to reach my expectation, and there is one program I run to, named Vibosoft PDF to Word Converter for mac, not free but practical, only cost a few bucks, besides, it is safe, stable and powerful that can do what promised. 

bindunarayan
Jun 17, 13 6:13 am

A simple Google search can solve this problem of yours as there are many free tools online which are predominantly developed to serve this purpose i.e. PDF to word conversion or vice versa. 

elnorastewart
Aug 10, 13 4:27 am

I am not sure sure about that but you can do it through PDF burger http://pdfburger.com

It is free pdf to word converter.

willemmy
Oct 22, 13 4:05 pm

It depends on if your PDF is scanned or not.

I personally like http://pdftoword.pro

For scanned PDF's use OCR

For regular ones just text and image extraction.

jimmy123
Oct 30, 13 3:09 am

Do you want to try this VB.NET PDF to Word converter SDK which supports converting PDF document to Word (DOC / DOCX) file maintaining original PDF content? As this SDK has its own PDF decoder, it can finish high-fidelity PDF to Word conversion without depending on other third-party PDF readers or editors.

alva114
Dec 11, 13 6:03 am

It is very easy to create than to edit PDF file. If you ever wish to edit, create or add any text to PDF file then we think that no it’s impossible. I got an important file from my manager and I was told to make few changes in that. But as soon as saw the file I was annoyed it was in PDF format I need to convert PDF in word format as well want to make few changes. But I was unable to convert it in to word format then my colleague advised, me to use PDF editor that can easily edit, convert PDF file into 300 different formats.

SaintsRaw
Dec 23, 13 5:14 am

There are many option as other people have stated... im using http://pdftoword.pro/ for instance out of preference, im sure all are fine :)

just my  2 cents

amilgilard
Dec 26, 13 2:32 am

There are many software is available for pdf to word conversion but i have used Kernel for PDF to Word software that is user-friendly and advance tool. It can convert multiple PDF files to word in few seconds. You can also try it http://www.pdftodoctool.com

willren
Jan 7, 14 6:05 am

1.Install and Run the Coolmuster PDF to Word Converter on Mac

Free download the app above and install it on your Mac or PC. After the installation, double-click the quick start icon on the desktop to launch it. Take the free trial version to evaluate quality first.

2.Import PDFs, Customize Output Settings.

After the main interface appears, Click the "Add Files" to  Import Source PDF files to the program, you can add up to 70 ones at a time, and also delete all, or delete specified PDFs in the panel by using " Ctrl+A" or Ctrl+ click" .

Read more: How to Convert PDF to Word Document on Mac computer?

Luckman
Jun 24, 14 2:12 am

If you asked me what is the best way to edit PDF files without Adobe Acrobat on your Mac computer, I would definitely recommend Amacsoft PDF to Word for Mac for your reference. With it, you'll have the ability to convert PDF to MS Word docx Mac, and then you can copy, edit, print, insert images/sheets, and many other elements into your PDF contents without any restrictions. What's more, all elements like formatting and layouts, text, images, etc. in the original file will be saved very well in the output document.

More: How to convert PDF to word Mac

Luckman
Jun 24, 14 2:13 am

If you need to make ePub ebooks from other files, just try ePub editor software.

ranjan82
Jun 24, 14 8:55 am

www . microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7

After you download and install the add-in, follow these steps to create a PDF in Word: 

1. Click the Office button 
2. Click Print 
3. In the Print dialog box, select PDF in the list of printer choices 
4. Click Print 

If you want to convert PDF to word, please visit: 

www . anypdftools.com/?page=153

CD.Arch
Jun 24, 14 6:06 pm

Hey OP, citizen told you exactly what you need to do, TYPE YOUR OWN PAPER. What happens when you turn the paper in and get caught for plagiarism? You tell me when you get there.

nashza
Jun 25, 14 9:11 am

Why didnt you just rewrite the text

ashish2012
Jul 2, 14 3:25 am

if you are going to http://pdfutility.blogspot.com/2013/12/conversion-of-pdf-file-to-word-format.html.

You will be find the answer. It appears to be one of the most popular question that many people are searching for a reply.

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading