Archinect
anchor

What Architecture School Should My Dog Apply To???

vado retro

Help!!! my dog is really interested in architecture, (or at least leaving her mark on architecture) and is thinking about applying to architecture schools after she graduates (cum lauda) from obedience school. she really enjoys chewing on mid century modern furniture so someplace that does interior design might be good too. like some sort of double major. and,although she has been known to take chunks out of architectural theorists, she is very gentle. any advice is would appreciated!

Sep 19, 06 10:21 pm
Katze

In state or out of state? What's her name?

Sep 19, 06 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
tc79

sci-bark

Sep 19, 06 10:28 pm  · 
1  · 
AP

I'm not sure where she should go to grad school, but with a background in Obedience, she's right on track to work at OMA...

Sep 19, 06 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
AP

best of luck with your decision.

Sep 19, 06 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
c.k.

post her portfolio so we can asses

Sep 19, 06 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
upside

which theorists did she find the tastiest?

Sep 19, 06 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

I dunno – I did a Google search on doggie architecture school and the first hit was NewSchool in San Diego – maybe a sign?

Sep 19, 06 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Barklett

Sep 19, 06 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

she looks like she has the tounge to lick some ivy league ass

Sep 20, 06 2:19 am  · 
 · 
bothands

UC Barkeley

Sep 20, 06 4:56 am  · 
 · 
bothands

or CCA across the Bay -- its right next to Dogpatch neighborhood

Sep 20, 06 5:00 am  · 
 · 
I love archinect

wow looks tasty your dog.

Sep 20, 06 6:31 am  · 
 · 
frankencense

The Bauwauhaus

Sep 20, 06 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

vado I'm going to give you the advice you like to give everyone else: Why go to grad school at all? High-falutin theories, empty graphics, enormous debt? Why not get straight into the working world, or go to a tech school where she can learn some real-life skills?

Who cares what Rem says about the event-space characteristic implications of peeing on the telephone pole vs. peeing on the shrubbery - as long as she knows the practical knowledge of pee location relative to wind direction, she's good to go.

Sep 20, 06 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
cf

It has to be in a large city such as New York. Many more urine sources to associate with the volumetric read. I know your dog will dig the scene.

Sep 20, 06 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
e

yeah, doggies don't give a crap about theory. they just want action. now go get my crunchies before i really get upset.

Sep 20, 06 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
AP

her favorite theoretician must be Delulueze...

Sep 20, 06 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

the big question is does she like digging in the ivy? or is she more of a state mascot?

Landscape tends to be more dog freindly then architecture- in my time at penn, we had two to three pooches running loose in the larp studios at all times. pluse landscape has great field trips that are very doggone good for fido., we get to play with bigger sticks then architects do- you call that 2x4 a stick? - well I got an entire tree to play fetch with!

Sep 20, 06 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
TED

who cares about the academic side -- what about the social side?
nothing can beat a good football game in the southern conferance schools in the fall.

how is she handling balls?

Sep 20, 06 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

There are a lot of active barkitects in my neighborhood, always leaving these little towers everywhere. While I can appreciate their work, I appreciate even more the work of their demo crew, which, if all goes well, razes their work soon after the unveiling.

Sep 20, 06 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Jimmy Kim, I shouldn't laugh, but I am.

Sep 20, 06 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
cf

Doggies want theory because they need rules and masters.

Sep 20, 06 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

internship at Herzdog and deMeuron

Sep 20, 06 5:23 pm  · 
 · 

daisy went to MIT

Sep 20, 06 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
e

nice orhan. nice. a bone the size of a conference table. i think daisy is wondering why there are so many damn chairs around her bone. pa, can we revise this sketch? we only need a bed at the end. i ain't inviting my friends to my feast.

Sep 20, 06 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
e

oh, lula says she would be honored if daisy would invite her though.

Sep 20, 06 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
broccolijet

i can't let this thread continue without giving large ups to frankencense for that one. hooray for great puns!

TED - did you say "how is she handling balls"?

Sep 20, 06 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

believe me you dont want a rotty handlin your balls.

Sep 20, 06 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98265361@N00/248644298/

anyone have a suggestion for my cat?

Sep 20, 06 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

that is toooooooooooooo cute.

Sep 20, 06 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

collabo with bruce meow

Sep 21, 06 1:57 am  · 
 · 

Damn if only the ladies were as hot when I got my B.Ark...

Sep 21, 06 8:07 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I'm with broccolijet - love the puns, bring on more please! Bauwauhaus and bruce meow, this just makes me giggle...

Sep 21, 06 8:24 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

Bark Mack is teaching a studio at UCLA this fall...

Sep 21, 06 9:09 am  · 
 · 
AP

brilliant Orhan.

vado, she's pretty, especially for a rotti...I never thought they were the cutest dogs.... we've always had doberman (which, as you surely know, are 1/2 rottweiler, 1/2 weimaraner)...

+

=

Sep 21, 06 9:44 am  · 
 · 

Who will be the next Aldo Lassie? hmmm stretching it.

Sep 21, 06 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

alpo rossi?

Sep 21, 06 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
some person
Woofster Polytechnic Institute
Sep 21, 06 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

depends. what are your dog's "models" made out of?

Sep 22, 06 12:14 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

woohoo she got accepted with full chewtoy scholarships!!!

Mar 28, 07 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
1deviantC

WINKIE!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 28, 07 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

last name dubbeldam?

Mar 28, 07 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

which school she'd get into Vad?

Mar 28, 07 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
Chili Davis

Bruce Lee did his undergrad at Cornell and his grad work at GSD. His current interest involve the effects of uprooting small shrubs and the effects of textiles on the digestive system. His most noted work can be found near the birch tree at the end of the block. His interest outside of architecture revolve heavily around mounting his brother.

Mar 28, 07 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Chili, i'm crying i'm laughing so hard!

Mar 28, 07 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
AP

Bruce has the cold gaze of a seasoned veteran.

Mar 28, 07 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

abacus went to U of Detroit. she has street cred.

Mar 28, 07 3:23 pm  · 
 · 

note how daisy organizes 'her' bones behind her, mit stuff. a lot of kitchen remodels. see her project above..
her brother rupert is a writer who dosn't really care about interior design. he doesn't smoke.

Mar 28, 07 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I've been practicing my public speaking. I'm working on sign lanugage at the moment.

Mar 28, 07 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Pablo finding a bacll at the Adobe workshop in Presidio, Texas

Mar 28, 07 4:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: