Archinect
anchor

CAD map of NYC

Aug 29 '06 33 Last Comment
justavisual
Aug 29, 06 8:05 am

does anyone happen to have a CAD map of NYC? We need something as a reference for a studio project...

thanks!

Chase Dammtor
Sep 3, 07 9:38 am

i'm looking for this too. only found a bunch of SHP files of everything, but i don't have anything that will convert those to DWGs.

justavisual
Sep 3, 07 10:03 am

sent you an email...

Sir Arthur Braagadocio
Sep 3, 07 10:11 am

i have all 5 boroughs, but the other way to get it is at:

*.ai files export to *.dwg in Illustrator

have a 3d model of Manhatten as well, if needed.

Chase Dammtor
Sep 3, 07 12:19 pm

hey, can't quite figure out your link - they dont seem to have anything in illustrator format.

Sir Arthur Braagadocio
Sep 3, 07 1:15 pm

i think its been changed since the last time i downloaded something from (3 years ago??)

this should work

Sir Arthur Braagadocio
Sep 3, 07 1:17 pm

now AI CSII and V11 might not work, I know AI V 10 and CSI work for conversion...

last resort just email me and I'll give a link to download in CAD format (2007)...the files are huge

justavisual
Sep 3, 07 2:23 pm

my file is too big to email (35mb)...ideas?

its only of manhattan, so you might not want it anyway.

Chase Dammtor
Sep 3, 07 3:31 pm

oh thanks justavisual, but i need brooklyn!

AP
Mar 15, 08 12:40 pm

meta - just sent you an email on this...

anotherquestion
Jun 5, 08 11:41 pm

hey, i'm looking for the same: CAD and 3d maps. anyone?

nb072
Jun 5, 08 11:47 pm

why doesn't archinect set up an online archive of useful things like this?

1) cad maps of cities
2) cad blocks
3) photoshop entourage

anotherquestion
Jun 6, 08 12:03 am

that would be not only helpful but marketable

leeben
Jan 16, 10 9:56 pm

hi,
just been searching for manhattan maps and dug this back up, does anyone have .dwgs of this area (since I dont have GIS)? that will be MUCH appreciated! thanks!

gonad
Jan 17, 10 2:08 pm

i think its posted on the website cben.net
if you can locate the shape files (.SHP), you can convert it to dwg with FME (its a 14 day evaluation, www.safe.com)

AquillatheNun
Jan 18, 10 2:36 am
AquillatheNun
Jan 18, 10 2:57 am

oops didnt see gonads response

leeben
Jan 18, 10 11:24 am

thanks, guys.

jmlura
May 27, 10 12:31 pm

Could i get that file too. jmlura@uh.edu There are large file sharing websites like megaupload, rapidshare, dropbox, and yousendit that can host the file for sharing.

Thanks,
John

meloHYPE
Aug 2, 10 5:55 pm

Hey everyone, I need a CAD or vector map of NYC too—but specifically for the building footprints in Manhattan and the defining bodies of water surrounding. (and the other boroughs if possible). I do not need streets, parks, etc.

Additionally, I need building footprint maps for the following cities if anyone has them:

Los Angeles
Toronto
Tokyo
Madrid
Paris
Hong Kong
London
Chicago
Mexico City
Munich
Dallas
Sao Paulo
Rome
San Francisco
Seoul

Thanks!
Sean

princershah
Feb 3, 12 11:49 am

hey everybody I searched everywhere on internet for The Bronx map in vector/CAD form I am not able to find anything. Could someone please help

yolol
Aug 2, 12 11:48 am

Hey everybody.  I know it has been awhile since this conversation took place but is there anyone who has a detailed DWG of the 5 boroughs in CAD format?

Cody CampbellCody Campbell
Sep 28, 12 6:21 pm

Sir Arthur, 

i am looking for a CAD drawing of Manhattan.  Can you point me to one?  thanks.

defacts
Jan 21, 13 1:19 pm

hello all, I came across this forum also searching for a DWG. The one posted above is pretty decent and includes all 5 boros however its not quite as accurate as the following, which is for now of Manhattan only (plus the perimeter shorelines of NJ and BK)

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22948&page=4

the last post on this page of the forum contains a link that will start an automatic download. its a rather large file which is why I haven't reposted it elsewhere. 

I agree with nb072 above, we should find a way to contact archinect and see if they can't create a resources section as I'm sure many could use this amongst other helpful files and it'd clean up the forums quite a bit. Further a centrally located DWG could be updated by many over time and ultimately include all boros - each contributing their sites to slowly build it up. For now all my sites are in Manhattan but in the future I'll return here if I end up drawing details in BK and so on, and attach an updated file. 

azrack
Apr 3, 13 11:21 am

Hi,

can anybody send me the cad map of NYC please?

Parisa mansourianParisa mansourian
Sep 12, 13 2:02 pm

Hi allllll,

I need the cad map too, and really appreciate if any one can email it to me!

The links above are not working any more and its a while Im looking for it:(

parisam1@email.arizona.edu

Thankssssss

Andrew Hite
Nov 6, 13 9:15 pm

I'm also looking for a cad map of manhattan
any help would be great

andrew.h.hite@gmail.com

J.Markley
Jan 8, 14 6:22 pm

Hello, 

I followed all the links on http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22948&page=4 and the website that was originally hosting it no longer exist, so I can't figure out a way to download it. 

If anyone knows of a location of this file it would be greatly beneficial to my thesis. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

PinkPatrick
Apr 25, 14 3:36 am

hello,

this post ist already a few years old thus most links do not exist anymore. I am currently finishing my master degree and my thesis is a waterfront museum in Brooklyn. I really need .ai or .dwg plans for that...

Can anyone help please?

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Best,

Patrick

Olaf Design Ninja_
Apr 25, 14 11:04 pm

here you go - all 5 boroughs, blocks and street, not lots...DWG

Manhattan

Brooklyn

Queens

Bronx

Staten Island

PinkPatrick
May 1, 14 8:19 am

Wow Olaf! That is great! Thank you so much!

I really appreciate your help!!!

If you happen to have streets and building footprints of lower Manhattan and Brooklyn I would love to have those too..

Thank you so much. I hope I can return the favour at some point!

Best Pat

Arth Shah
Aug 9, 14 7:50 am

Thanks Olaf...... It is such a great.... It will help me so much in urban research...... Thank you again.....

Arth

Olaf Design Ninja_
Aug 9, 14 8:01 am

Pink Patrick and Arth another Archinect thread posted this website http://bdon.org/cad/

The DXF files can be opened in CAD and saved as DWG and they show all the building

so between the block map with streets and the BDON website you can assemble the entire thing.

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading