Archinect
anchor

CAD map of NYC

Aug 29 '06 28 Last Comment
justavisual
Aug 29, 06 8:05 am

does anyone happen to have a CAD map of NYC? We need something as a reference for a studio project...

thanks!

Chase Dammtor
Sep 3, 07 9:38 am

i'm looking for this too. only found a bunch of SHP files of everything, but i don't have anything that will convert those to DWGs.

justavisual
Sep 3, 07 10:03 am

sent you an email...

Sir Arthur Braagadocio
Sep 3, 07 10:11 am

i have all 5 boroughs, but the other way to get it is at:

*.ai files export to *.dwg in Illustrator

have a 3d model of Manhatten as well, if needed.

Chase Dammtor
Sep 3, 07 12:19 pm

hey, can't quite figure out your link - they dont seem to have anything in illustrator format.

Sir Arthur Braagadocio
Sep 3, 07 1:15 pm

i think its been changed since the last time i downloaded something from (3 years ago??)

this should work

Sir Arthur Braagadocio
Sep 3, 07 1:17 pm

now AI CSII and V11 might not work, I know AI V 10 and CSI work for conversion...

last resort just email me and I'll give a link to download in CAD format (2007)...the files are huge

justavisual
Sep 3, 07 2:23 pm

my file is too big to email (35mb)...ideas?

its only of manhattan, so you might not want it anyway.

Chase Dammtor
Sep 3, 07 3:31 pm

oh thanks justavisual, but i need brooklyn!

AP
Mar 15, 08 12:40 pm

meta - just sent you an email on this...

anotherquestion
Jun 5, 08 11:41 pm

hey, i'm looking for the same: CAD and 3d maps. anyone?

nb072
Jun 5, 08 11:47 pm

why doesn't archinect set up an online archive of useful things like this?

1) cad maps of cities
2) cad blocks
3) photoshop entourage

anotherquestion
Jun 6, 08 12:03 am

that would be not only helpful but marketable

leeben
Jan 16, 10 9:56 pm

hi,
just been searching for manhattan maps and dug this back up, does anyone have .dwgs of this area (since I dont have GIS)? that will be MUCH appreciated! thanks!

gonad
Jan 17, 10 2:08 pm

i think its posted on the website cben.net
if you can locate the shape files (.SHP), you can convert it to dwg with FME (its a 14 day evaluation, www.safe.com)

AquillatheNun
Jan 18, 10 2:36 am
AquillatheNun
Jan 18, 10 2:57 am

oops didnt see gonads response

leeben
Jan 18, 10 11:24 am

thanks, guys.

jmlura
May 27, 10 12:31 pm

Could i get that file too. jmlura@uh.edu There are large file sharing websites like megaupload, rapidshare, dropbox, and yousendit that can host the file for sharing.

Thanks,
John

meloHYPE
Aug 2, 10 5:55 pm

Hey everyone, I need a CAD or vector map of NYC too—but specifically for the building footprints in Manhattan and the defining bodies of water surrounding. (and the other boroughs if possible). I do not need streets, parks, etc.

Additionally, I need building footprint maps for the following cities if anyone has them:

Los Angeles
Toronto
Tokyo
Madrid
Paris
Hong Kong
London
Chicago
Mexico City
Munich
Dallas
Sao Paulo
Rome
San Francisco
Seoul

Thanks!
Sean

princershah
Feb 3, 12 11:49 am

hey everybody I searched everywhere on internet for The Bronx map in vector/CAD form I am not able to find anything. Could someone please help

yolol
Aug 2, 12 11:48 am

Hey everybody.  I know it has been awhile since this conversation took place but is there anyone who has a detailed DWG of the 5 boroughs in CAD format?

Cody CampbellCody Campbell
Sep 28, 12 6:21 pm

Sir Arthur, 

i am looking for a CAD drawing of Manhattan.  Can you point me to one?  thanks.

DEFACTO_DEFUNCTO
Jan 21, 13 1:19 pm

hello all, I came across this forum also searching for a DWG. The one posted above is pretty decent and includes all 5 boros however its not quite as accurate as the following, which is for now of Manhattan only (plus the perimeter shorelines of NJ and BK)

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22948&page=4

the last post on this page of the forum contains a link that will start an automatic download. its a rather large file which is why I haven't reposted it elsewhere. 

I agree with nb072 above, we should find a way to contact archinect and see if they can't create a resources section as I'm sure many could use this amongst other helpful files and it'd clean up the forums quite a bit. Further a centrally located DWG could be updated by many over time and ultimately include all boros - each contributing their sites to slowly build it up. For now all my sites are in Manhattan but in the future I'll return here if I end up drawing details in BK and so on, and attach an updated file. 

azrack
Apr 3, 13 11:21 am

Hi,

can anybody send me the cad map of NYC please?

Parisa mansourianParisa mansourian
Sep 12, 13 2:02 pm

Hi allllll,

I need the cad map too, and really appreciate if any one can email it to me!

The links above are not working any more and its a while Im looking for it:(

parisam1@email.arizona.edu

Thankssssss

Andrew Hite
Nov 6, 13 9:15 pm

I'm also looking for a cad map of manhattan
any help would be great

andrew.h.hite@gmail.com

jmightygal
Jan 8, 14 6:22 pm

Hello, 

I followed all the links on http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22948&page=4 and the website that was originally hosting it no longer exist, so I can't figure out a way to download it. 

If anyone knows of a location of this file it would be greatly beneficial to my thesis. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading