Archinect
anchor

Salaries in Dubai

Non Sequitur
brilliant onion article. If it's any consolation, I never thought you were sincere about defending that shit sandbox place.
Mar 6, 17 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Nah, I partly was sincere about defending it, perhaps from the viewpoint of defending it. This is because Im working on a project there and need to have a modicum of self preservation about it.

Mar 7, 17 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
A.I.

Every place has positives and negatives, and to focus solely on the negatives is an exercise in arrogance and borderline racism when you pick and choose your battles based almost exclusively by region.

Dubai is an experimental city built in the image of hyper-American capitalism on steroids, with the neo-global economy (read-American petro-dollar economy) being the primary driving force in how it operates; not culture, not religion, not people.  It has no precedent, and continues evolving in response to multiple positive and negative stimuli.  Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't.  But the picture you are painting is absurdly misinformed, lacking in depth, and critically irrelevant.

Mar 8, 17 3:30 am  · 
 · 
randomised

What are the positives of islamofascist regimes finan ced by petrol dollars?

Mar 8, 17 4:04 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
AI, stop defending that piece of shit culture. You're equal to them.
Mar 8, 17 6:18 am  · 
 · 
A.I.

Like I said: absurdly misinformed, lacking in depth, and critically irrelevant.

Mar 8, 17 6:47 am  · 
 · 
A.I.

I'm curious, will the moderators censor/ban these type of threads/comments like they did with the Israel thread a few years ago if I kick and scream enough?  Or is Archinect censorship one-directional with certain sensitive groups?

Just curious.

Mar 8, 17 6:50 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

AI they only banned that long ass post you are refering to after like 10,000 posts and probably a zillion email requests. you are only at 55+ here and making fun of medieval culture is perfectly acceptable. not sure why we can't make fun of everyone equally, geez. so sensitive.

Mar 8, 17 7:21 am  · 
 · 
A.I.

Censorship is censorship no matter how you try to spin it. Archinect made it clear with that decision that criticism of Israel in any form is not tolerated on these boards. But of course, fire away at any other Gentile nation or group of people; we are in the age of Donald Trump aren't we?

Mar 8, 17 7:31 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Dubai isnt exacty Gentile

Mar 8, 17 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
It won't be censored simply because we are correct to criticize Dubai.
Mar 8, 17 7:33 am  · 
 · 
A.I.

Ahhh yes, that's how censorship works. Thanks for reminding me; if you disagree with one side, then you can clear that from the discussion, but if you are "correct", as you say, then you won't be censored. So in short, criticizing Israel = bad: criticizing Dubai = good. Got it, thanks for clearing that up.

Mar 8, 17 7:40 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

AI you miss the point. some cultures are just stupid and inhumane and making fun of those cultures should be encourage. in the future the hijab will be a symbol of femenist oppression, get it? the Isreal post eas much different. no one making fun of their culture, people (like 2 people) were generating a one sided news feed entirely political and jafk shit to do with architecture. of course making fun of stupid culutures has little to do with architecture as well or salaries in Dubai. i would say ban politics and culture, but some architecture is related...freedom of speech then - shit on everyone equally.

Mar 8, 17 7:35 am  · 
 · 
A.I.

Israeli oppression and racist state identity isn't stupid and inhumane? It seems to be that you're the one missing the point. The entire point is that I witnessed in real time the moderators of an entire board wipe out a discussion in favor of one side, while comments by Non Sequitur and other pseudo-trolls go completely unnoticed. Have him make just 1% of the ignorant and racist commentary he makes here -  against Israel or Jews and watch how fast Archinect will shut him up; just like they did a few years ago, except in that case it was legitimate discussion/criticism; not the type of idiotic commentary we have here.

Mar 8, 17 7:46 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

Evidently, AI has a thin skin in contrast to Archinect's editors.

Mar 8, 17 7:36 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Your memory must be equal o your blindness for human right abuses. I actually did criticize Israel in that infamous post prior to it degenerating into that shit storm.

It's a shit culture. Stop defending it.
Mar 8, 17 7:47 am  · 
 · 
A.I.

I'm not defending anything, I'm just pointing out that your commentary and grandiose claims are completely unfounded and imbalanced, so that anyone reading these threads isn't influenced by your emotional bias against the Middle East in general.

Mar 8, 17 7:56 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It's not an emotional bias you fool. It is reality.

Mar 8, 17 8:05 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

AI i stil disagree. The two threads and posts are not the same. The Isreal thread was a news feed not mocking Isreali culture but propogating information of various assaults. NS and other comments here are mocking a culture and not providing a news feed. In other words, the former was presented as facts and it would then mean Archinect was somehow supporting those facts. calling out flaws in various cultures is opinionated and no one here has to accept anyones opinion.

Mar 8, 17 8:22 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I also think Tam's rants forced that particular thread higher-up in google search wizardry enticing non-architects to join the forums just to spam.

Mar 8, 17 8:34 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

agree NS. as usual, Archinect is always ahead of the media curve. that thread was an early example of "alternative facts". i feel like MSNBC and CNN people often check archinect....psychic?

Mar 8, 17 9:54 am  · 
 · 
carryhaddis

I worked in Dubai for a year, there are many opportunities and I gained a great experience, I got 5000$ per month.

Jun 22, 17 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
vikrantjantre

Hii guys, I am an architect from India with 1 year of experience. How much will I earn if I manage to secure a job in Dubai?  

Doing M.arch from Dubai is worth? 

OR

Doing Construction project management is worth?

OR

Doing nothng is worth?

Mar 5, 18 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

somewhere between $0 and death.

Mar 5, 18 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
olsialuku

Hello,

please can you give me an idea of how much is the salary of an architect at dubai expo 2020 for:

1. Shop drawings in revit from anoter country .

2. And a representative of the foreign studio for the coordination of works at the site.

thank you!

Sep 7, 18 4:54 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Reading is not a strong suit of yours I assume. Question: salary depends heavily on penis ownership and said penis proprietor’s country of birth.

Sep 7, 18 6:26 am  · 
 · 
olsialuku

Some sort of readings decreases the undersigned brain of the replyer.

Sep 7, 18 6:37 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Unfortunately, not in this instance.

Sep 7, 18 7:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: