Archinect
anchor

Transferring files from IPOD

mimo

Maybe the answer is right under my nose, but can anyone tell me how to tranfser files from my iPod to PC?

Apr 6, 06 12:52 pm

drag and drop

Apr 6, 06 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
mimo

sorry, i meant to say *Music files. I know you can drag and drop whatever you save on your ipod, but how do I get my music off? I lost all my music files on my PC and would like to transfer them back to my computer...

Apr 6, 06 1:00 pm  · 
 · 

when you connect, doesn't it ask you if you want to update? i think the files should automatically transfer if its set up correctly.

Apr 6, 06 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
mimo

the update only applies if you are transferring from your pc to ipod. I am trying to transfer from my ipod to pc, not pc to ipod. In itunes I see the directory for the songs on my ipod, but can't seem to select them and drag them into my library in itunes.

and when i open my ipod in my computer, i don't see a folder with just the music files in it, only all the other non-music files i saved on my ipod.

Apr 6, 06 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
orEqual

Get the iPod plugin for the latest version of Winamp. It's free and it works really well.

http://www.mlipod.com/index.php

Apr 6, 06 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

iPod's code all your music so that if you try and do what you are attempting, you'll end up with unreadable file naming conventions.

the reason being that if you could simply drag and drop your entire iPod library, sharing your enitre music collection with ANYONE ANYTIME would be as simple as, well, dragging and dropping.

assuming that we're all abiding by the laws of digital rights management, use a third party script or small plug-in like ipodcopy, or one of the products from redchair.

i've met with varying degress of success, but try the following...

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts08.php?page=1#importipodaudiofiles

or possibly...

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/

The dougscripts are free, and the full version of anapod (redchair) i believe costs some money.

godd luck...don't let Tommy Mottola find out.

Apr 6, 06 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
MickMack

you have to make your files "unhidden" and then you can see them and drag and drop into your iPod.

if i can find my directions at home, ill send to you...i did a ton of research online to figure out how to do it when i had a defunct laptop that would not even turn on!

Apr 6, 06 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
brickhouse
http://www.sturm.net.nz/website.php?Section=iPod+Programs&Page=SharePod

Sharepod -works great

Apr 6, 06 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
Barrett

To Un-hide files on your Ipod
Control Panel>Folder Options>View Tab and then about 8 check boxes down there will be a folder icon that says 'Hidden Files & Folders'. Check the button for 'Show Hidden Files and Folders'. Now when you access your Ipod as a drive, your music files should be visible for dragging. Worked for me.

Apr 6, 06 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
Barrett

it's how I transferred my library from my desktop to my laptop, which is a much easier way to back up your music than burning 200 cds

Apr 6, 06 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
huh
podworks

it costs $8 but well worth it, IMO. It's a stand alone app that looks just like the iTunes window. You select the files you want to copy, hit a button, and it copies the tracks into the corresponding iTunes music folder.

Apr 7, 06 1:03 am  · 
 · 
mimo

Awesome, thanks for all your help, I got it to work, hooray!!

Apr 7, 06 10:19 am  · 
 · 
Kardiogramm

how can you not backup? I backup a bootable copy (if it my mac should fail i can run it from the external drive on another mac) of my mac at least once a week. there must be a simple pc solution out there too. I wonder how many of you would be screwed if your computers failed on you right now. External HDs aren't even expensive anymore.

Apr 7, 06 10:31 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Ephpod is the best PC iPod ripping software

Apr 7, 06 11:47 am  · 
 · 
LowellDay

I like to use podUtil, its shareware so its free but there are annoying pop ups. You can register and get rid of it for like $10 and its easy to use. If you type podUtil into google and click the first choice, its the correct website.

Apr 10, 06 2:45 pm  · 
 · 
danialholker

step 1: Enable Disk Use
Step 2: View Hidden Folders
Step 3: Locate the Music Files
Step 4: Copy-paste Files in Your Computer

How to transfer or backup music/songs from iPod to Mac

Dec 6, 13 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

People still use iPods? That's SO 2009.

Dec 9, 13 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

it's from 2006.  this is a necro.

Dec 9, 13 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
AlexandarP

Does anyone know how you can transfer music from your iPod to a Mac?

Aug 12, 14 5:10 am  · 
 · 
sdfx

If you want to batch transfer data from iPod to Mac, I sugesst you use this free iOS Data Transfer software. I transfer some photos with it once time, it brings all my photos without loss.

Dec 21, 18 5:08 am  · 
 · 
randomised

I just fax those files with my 14.4k modem, easy peasy.

Dec 21, 18 5:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: