Archinect
anchor

Help!! Recovering recovered files?

Lord Auch

I hope someone can help with this problem.

Someone inadvertently deleted a folder with numerous Acad files in it. We ran a recovery program to get them back and apparently it was successful, the file retains all of its original properties, like size and suffix.
When I try to open the files in Auto cad I get an error message saying the file is not valid. I have tried to do an autocad recovery on the file but it says it is not recoverable.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting these file to open??

Thx.

Mar 31, 06 2:12 pm
weAREtheSTONES

find the ac$ files or the bak files ..... change the .bak to a .dwg and i shoudl work ------- but i dont think thats what ur asking - mabe it was. ???

Mar 31, 06 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
Lord Auch

Its a double recovery. I recovered the files from the delete. Those recovered files wont open in ACAD.

I tried that. I also tried inserting the corrupt file as in insert, which didn't work.

Mar 31, 06 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

different recovery programs use different techniques to re-create the MBR, and some work better with certain filesystems than others.

if you're using NTFS on win2k/xp, the best recovery program I've come across is Restorer 2000 pro

it's saved my ass (and friends' asses) on numerous occasions.

Mar 31, 06 10:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: