Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Feb 12 '06 52864 Last Comment
Nam HendersonNam Henderson
Dec 5, 12 7:59 am

Good morning !

i want to know who added it to Urban Dictionary, anyone? abracadabra it looks like it was added back on 2006 though. plus it looks like whomever did misspelled Archinect for one thing...

mantaray
Dec 5, 12 9:44 am

mmm, if I could live in a linguiça house... it wouldn't take long for there to be not much house left.  Shelter as sustenance - you may be on to something, toaster!

Interesting, will - I was at a symposium last night in which I pretty much left wanting to scream "we need to speak up! we need to be advocates! we need to stop talking to each other and start plastering op-eds all over the earth, and advertisements all over the buses and trains and billboards and magazines and TV! we need to build websites and podcasts and EDUCATE, dammit!"  The event was supposedly about activism but I think you might be right, will, that it would more truthfully have been called re-activism. People were complaining about pedagogy in education, for heaven's sake.

toasteroven
Dec 5, 12 10:08 am

YOUR MOTHER IS A TWINKIE SLUT

good - you're around - hey - what's the master format section for "magic?"

will gallowaywill galloway
Dec 5, 12 10:10 am

hah manta!  sounds familiar.  its kind of crazy cuz we is all spozed to be great at communication but tend not to be motivated to get out there.

twinkies remind me of zombieland.  it's almost Pavlovian, which is just ridiculous.

cool about garwondler in urban dictionary.

Donna SinkDonna Sink
Dec 5, 12 1:17 pm

toaster you are on a roll! You're brightening my day(s) considerably!

I'm planning to bump my Final Destination thread as the Mayan Apocalypse approaches.

Rusty!
Dec 5, 12 4:58 pm

toast; "good - you're around - hey - what's the master format section for "magic?"

14 21 00 "Magic" aka "Toasteroven mom's vagina" aka "Hydraulic Elevator" 

Rusty!
Dec 5, 12 5:00 pm

I could have gone with 14 91 00 "Garbage Chute" but I ultimately respect your mom. She raised a funny boy.

gwharton
Dec 5, 12 5:07 pm

13 99 99 - Special Construction: Magic, Anti-Gravity, Structural

Rusty!
Dec 5, 12 5:48 pm

gwh, that's interesting that you though of toastermom's vag as 'special construction'. I was thinking 'conveying equipment' all the way. Although 'plumbing: emergency showers' crossed my mind.

Sarah Hamilton
Dec 5, 12 7:15 pm

But wouldn't toaster's mom be an oven, so something from the commercial kitchen section?

snook_dude
Dec 5, 12 8:05 pm

RIP doesn't seem  like the right thing to say....so I think I will Say Guys Keep on Playing where ever you are.....Dave Brubeck (91), Oscar Niemeyer (104)  cause I know there not the kind of guys to stop doing what they do...it is just in another place.

Rusty!
Dec 5, 12 8:44 pm

Sarah, I should retain you as a daily life advisor. My putdowns need a voice of reason.

toasteroven
Dec 6, 12 12:12 am

Rusty - I was originally going to write something far more detailed about your lack of genitalia, but I thought that would be a little bit too insensitive.

btw - your mom?  all of division 8.

Sarah Hamilton
Dec 6, 12 9:32 am

All this makes me wish we had a Yo Mama thread, with purely archi-related put downs.

Rusty, send me a proposal, and I will consider your offer, assuming it's a lucrative one.

And since I hadn't ventured out of the safety of TC for years, until this week, Vile Child, sarcastic, or whiny?  I can't tell.

Phillip CrosbyPhillip Crosby
Dec 6, 12 9:38 am

sarah, i had the same thought about a "yo mama" thread... i'll try my hand at one...

"yo mama so fat, reyner banham called her a mega-structure"

mantaray
Dec 6, 12 10:43 am

ha ha ha haaaaa division 8.  har har har har doors and windows.

boy in a well
Dec 6, 12 11:05 am

its sarcastic.

glad i could help.

curtkram
Dec 6, 12 11:11 am

yo mama so fat, rem had to add a new chapter at the of s,m,l,xl

Sarah Hamilton
Dec 6, 12 11:41 am

Alright, I'll go make the thread, but I'm borrowing the ones you guys have already posted for examples.

Thank you, Vile Child.

MyDream
Dec 6, 12 11:45 am

yo mama so fat when she bent over the whole world lost three days of daylight 8D

i had to do it lol

Sarah Hamilton
Dec 6, 12 11:51 am
toasteroven
Dec 6, 12 12:05 pm

manta - I was thinking more 08 42 29 and 08 42 33

mantaray
Dec 6, 12 12:15 pm

how about 08 42 36?

hahaha!  This is making me wish I hadn't got rid of Sweets.

miesian
Dec 6, 12 6:09 pm

Yeah, losing Niemeyer and Brubeck on the same day was just brutal! I was kinda surprised by my reaction, actually. Apparently I didn't know how much those guys meant to me.

But on a more positive note, I also thought I'd stop by to say congrats to Donna. Awesome project!

Barry LehrmanBarry Lehrman
Dec 6, 12 7:25 pm

I'm alive!

Donna SinkDonna Sink
Dec 6, 12 9:09 pm

Thanks miesian and dia!

Barry that's craaazy!

snook_dude
Dec 7, 12 8:24 pm

If you see a green bird in Brazil your going to have good luck....so Barry your in for a lot of luck!

Purpurina
Dec 7, 12 8:36 pm

snook that's true, over there they want to capture everything that moves for pets!

Steven WardSteven Ward
Dec 8, 12 8:04 am

i pick beta's richard meier entry as the winner of the 'yo mama' thread for yesterday. i actually laughed, didn't cringe! kudos. 

vado retro
Dec 8, 12 8:13 am

i just put one on there. it's fat!

toasteroven
Dec 8, 12 8:55 am

yeah - too many fat jokes - it's too easy.  non/low-fat jokes are a challenge.

mantaray
Dec 8, 12 11:57 am

barry I'd heard about that feral parrot colony but I didn't know anyone who'd actually seen it!  Awesome.  Also, good on you for getting a place with a persimmon tree - what luck!

b3tadine[sutures]
Dec 8, 12 4:13 pm

thank you sir!

toasteroven
Dec 9, 12 10:55 pm

guys...

guys... 

I think we can fight the obesity epidemic by making doorways smaller.  don't question my logic.

snook_dude
Dec 10, 12 8:34 am

Toaster you tossing out the ADA Regulations regarding required door widths. Actually  I have run into a situation where a 42" door is more in keeping for those in electric wheelchairs.

toasteroven
Dec 10, 12 12:31 pm

ADA is making people fat.

Donna SinkDonna Sink
Dec 10, 12 8:51 pm

toaster, I'm going to start calling you TAOster.  Because everything you say is so zen for me.

Smaller doorways.  Unassailable. Far out.

rationalist
Dec 10, 12 9:07 pm

The one that always gets me is when ramps and elevators are so clearly labeled and available, but I can't find the dang stairs for the life of me! This always happens at my doctor's office, no less. Seems very inconsistent with their message.

Nam HendersonNam Henderson
Dec 11, 12 10:52 am

good morning TC!

vado retro
Dec 11, 12 12:00 pm

i'm not fat.sure i could lose a few pounds but, i always use the handicap stall to do my business.

Purpurina
Dec 11, 12 12:53 pm

Me too, I feel like the wonderwoman in it !

Sarah Hamilton
Dec 11, 12 4:40 pm

I know I can be prudish at times, but that last Yo Mama comment was just gross.

Donna SinkDonna Sink
Dec 11, 12 5:04 pm

Totally offensive not to mention racist.  I flagged it. I encourage you all to do so too.

Sarah Hamilton
Dec 11, 12 5:18 pm

The funion one was good, though.

citizen
Dec 11, 12 7:20 pm

Sarah Hamilton
Dec 11, 12 8:37 pm

;

vado retro
Dec 12, 12 12:10 am

ten minutes of Wonder Woman Spins? WTH!

Sarah Hamilton
Dec 12, 12 8:42 am

Hey HEY!! I'm posting with the new Archinect app!

• ×Search in:

Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading