Archinect
anchor

Thread Central

Rusty!

I could have gone with 14 91 00 "Garbage Chute" but I ultimately respect your mom. She raised a funny boy.

Dec 5, 12 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

13 99 99 - Special Construction: Magic, Anti-Gravity, Structural

Dec 5, 12 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

gwh, that's interesting that you though of toastermom's vag as 'special construction'. I was thinking 'conveying equipment' all the way. Although 'plumbing: emergency showers' crossed my mind.

Dec 5, 12 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

But wouldn't toaster's mom be an oven, so something from the commercial kitchen section?

Dec 5, 12 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

RIP doesn't seem  like the right thing to say....so I think I will Say Guys Keep on Playing where ever you are.....Dave Brubeck (91), Oscar Niemeyer (104)  cause I know there not the kind of guys to stop doing what they do...it is just in another place.

Dec 5, 12 8:05 pm  · 
 · 
Rusty!

Sarah, I should retain you as a daily life advisor. My putdowns need a voice of reason.

Dec 5, 12 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

Rusty - I was originally going to write something far more detailed about your lack of genitalia, but I thought that would be a little bit too insensitive.

btw - your mom?  all of division 8.

Dec 6, 12 12:12 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

All this makes me wish we had a Yo Mama thread, with purely archi-related put downs.

Rusty, send me a proposal, and I will consider your offer, assuming it's a lucrative one.

And since I hadn't ventured out of the safety of TC for years, until this week, Vile Child, sarcastic, or whiny?  I can't tell.

Dec 6, 12 9:32 am  · 
 · 

sarah, i had the same thought about a "yo mama" thread... i'll try my hand at one...

"yo mama so fat, reyner banham called her a mega-structure"

Dec 6, 12 9:38 am  · 
 · 
mantaray

ha ha ha haaaaa division 8.  har har har har doors and windows.

Dec 6, 12 10:43 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

its sarcastic.

glad i could help.

Dec 6, 12 11:05 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

yo mama so fat, rem had to add a new chapter at the of s,m,l,xl

Dec 6, 12 11:11 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Alright, I'll go make the thread, but I'm borrowing the ones you guys have already posted for examples.

Thank you, Vile Child.

Dec 6, 12 11:41 am  · 
 · 
MyDream

yo mama so fat when she bent over the whole world lost three days of daylight 8D

i had to do it lol

Dec 6, 12 11:45 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Thread started.

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/62862078/yo-mama-architectural-style

Dec 6, 12 11:51 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven

manta - I was thinking more 08 42 29 and 08 42 33

Dec 6, 12 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
mantaray

how about 08 42 36?

hahaha!  This is making me wish I hadn't got rid of Sweets.

Dec 6, 12 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Nice work donna!

http://www.dezeen.com/2012/12/06/chop-stick-by-visiondivison/

Dec 6, 12 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
miesian

Yeah, losing Niemeyer and Brubeck on the same day was just brutal! I was kinda surprised by my reaction, actually. Apparently I didn't know how much those guys meant to me.

But on a more positive note, I also thought I'd stop by to say congrats to Donna. Awesome project!

Dec 6, 12 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

I'm alive!

Dec 6, 12 7:25 pm  · 
 · 

Thanks miesian and dia!

Barry that's craaazy!

Dec 6, 12 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

If you see a green bird in Brazil your going to have good luck....so Barry your in for a lot of luck!

Dec 7, 12 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
Purpurina

snook that's true, over there they want to capture everything that moves for pets!

Dec 7, 12 8:36 pm  · 
 · 

i pick beta's richard meier entry as the winner of the 'yo mama' thread for yesterday. i actually laughed, didn't cringe! kudos. 

Dec 8, 12 8:04 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i just put one on there. it's fat!

Dec 8, 12 8:13 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven

yeah - too many fat jokes - it's too easy.  non/low-fat jokes are a challenge.

Dec 8, 12 8:55 am  · 
 · 
mantaray

barry I'd heard about that feral parrot colony but I didn't know anyone who'd actually seen it!  Awesome.  Also, good on you for getting a place with a persimmon tree - what luck!

Dec 8, 12 11:57 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

thank you sir!

Dec 8, 12 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

guys...

guys... 

I think we can fight the obesity epidemic by making doorways smaller.  don't question my logic.

Dec 9, 12 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Toaster you tossing out the ADA Regulations regarding required door widths. Actually  I have run into a situation where a 42" door is more in keeping for those in electric wheelchairs.

Dec 10, 12 8:34 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven

ADA is making people fat.

Dec 10, 12 12:31 pm  · 
 · 

toaster, I'm going to start calling you TAOster.  Because everything you say is so zen for me.

Smaller doorways.  Unassailable. Far out.

Dec 10, 12 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
rationalist

The one that always gets me is when ramps and elevators are so clearly labeled and available, but I can't find the dang stairs for the life of me! This always happens at my doctor's office, no less. Seems very inconsistent with their message.

Dec 10, 12 9:07 pm  · 
 · 

good morning TC!

Dec 11, 12 10:52 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

i'm not fat.sure i could lose a few pounds but, i always use the handicap stall to do my business.

Dec 11, 12 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Purpurina

Me too, I feel like the wonderwoman in it !

Dec 11, 12 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
Purpurina

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ecux9dlr-I

Dec 11, 12 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

I know I can be prudish at times, but that last Yo Mama comment was just gross.

Dec 11, 12 4:40 pm  · 
 · 

Totally offensive not to mention racist.  I flagged it. I encourage you all to do so too.

Dec 11, 12 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

The funion one was good, though.

Dec 11, 12 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Dec 11, 12 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

;

Dec 11, 12 8:37 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

ten minutes of Wonder Woman Spins? WTH!

Dec 12, 12 12:10 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton
Hey HEY!! I'm posting with the new Archinect app!
Dec 12, 12 8:42 am  · 
 · 
toasteroven

so - the whole city as urban farm thing in Detroit is moving ahead - 140 acres of tree farm on the east side.

Dec 13, 12 12:14 pm  · 
 · 

Story on the Detroit tree farm.  I love this idea. 

Dec 13, 12 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

bunch of opposition from the local community - although I'm curious about this opposition - the extensive urban farms that was proposed by Vogel and Students at UofD Mercy back in the late 90s had lot of local support - these ideas have been floating around since at least the late 80s.  maybe now that it's a reality people are starting to have second thoughts?  I'm wondering if it is because it's going to be a single contiguous plot instead of something more pixelated and decentralized - and it might feel like the city is giving up on the neighborhood instead of using farming as infill until "real investment" happens... maybe people are concerned about illicit activity that might happen amongst the trees...

I don't know - it will be very interesting to see how this unfolds.

Dec 13, 12 1:53 pm  · 
 · 

toaster I've been digging a little looking for a plan of the project, or a Google Earth image that shows the boundaries, and how many houses are being removed for it.  Do you have one, or can you point me to a website?

Dec 13, 12 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
toasteroven

here you go

not all info - but gives you a sense of just how big this is.

Dec 13, 12 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Just put up my firewood for winter....well most of it.  It is wonderful when a truck backs up your driveway and dumps it in a pile and all you have to do is stack it.  So now we can roast  chestnuts in the fireplace....Snow coming on Sunday.....so we be in the Spirit...HO...HO ...HO!

Dec 13, 12 7:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: