Feb 20, 06 12:49 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

LARA SCHRIJVER ??? who dat ??

Feb 21, 06 12:18 am  · 
 · 
e909

VR: she did a houdini on me dude
you should have learned how to tie those knots better when you were a boy scout.

Feb 21, 06 3:51 am  · 
 · 
farmer

rita novel: hottest of the hot, coolest of the cool this world has ever known

Feb 21, 06 8:09 am  · 
 · 
Christopher Daniel

I'd like to nominate this young lady, currently working at NBBJ's London office:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/christopherdaniel/74911957/in/set-1607562/

She'll be back at the Bartlett next year, but I'm sure she's willing to hear employment offers for summer 2007...

Feb 21, 06 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
user09

Wow, yeah she is kinda hot....nice....actually I would like to see more student nominees....

Feb 22, 06 12:50 am  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Chris Daniel

She's pretty hot!

Feb 23, 06 12:07 am  · 
 · 
MADianito

Patricia Meneses of ex-studio (BARCELONA) she's hot (she's the one modelling the objects and clothes in the website):

http://www.ex-studio.net

Feb 23, 06 7:41 am  · 
 · 
Christopher Daniel

Hmmm. that "ex-studio" website is itself very pretty... the only problem is that it takes so long for all the pretty little animations to do their thing that I couldn't be bothered to try to actually see any of the work, let alone check out the charms of Ms Meneses.

Websites like that are very cool, but surely they should show off the work itself rather than how good the web designer is? Or maybe that's just my personal preference...

Feb 23, 06 8:34 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

hmmm .. that was a nice website ...

Feb 23, 06 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I don't want to ruin all the fun, and I know I've been participating *somewhat* here too, but I have to bring up an actual discussion point. I read this article this morning about the current cover of Vanity Fair. Years ago I read a comment re: a similar VF cover, which featured a bunch of male and female actresses. The women were primped up, slinky and sexy, the men were all scruffy, and the question raised was basically: is it fair that for women actors to be featured they have to be hot, while all the men actors have to do is show up?

I tend to think that on the whole people expect their architects, male and female, to be attractive. People expect us to be stylish and cool in addition to being talented and knowledgeable. It may be true that in any life experience physical attractiveness gives one an advantage, but I think it's especially true in the design fields.

Feb 23, 06 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

^^ you mean I'm not ??? dang !!

anyway .. i do have something to add to what you said, Liberty Bell, but i gotta pack my bags and a catch the eary morning flight tommorow.

Feb 23, 06 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

^^ you mean I'm not ??? dang !!

anyway .. i do have something to add to what you said, Liberty Bell, but i gotta pack my bags and a catch the eary morning flight tommorow.

Feb 23, 06 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie

The Gutter continues to go ga-ga over Adi Shamir.
http://gutter.curbed.com/archives/2006/02/23/the_song_of_songs_which_is_adis.php

Feb 23, 06 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
n_

i'm a girl. and i like girls. some might even say i'm a lesbian. and my vote is in for farshid moussavi of foa.

Feb 23, 06 7:59 pm  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

who do you think the hottest male architect is lb?

and don't get all girly on us and start talking about his personality or his work or whatever. Let's get the DL on the buns o'steel department, or at least the animal magnetism.

who would you like to have handcuffed (the fuzzy kind of course) to your drafting table while you take an olfa cutter to his Prada undies?

in any case, it think architect guys work it harder than most (in our own, strange way). I spend too much time carefully messing up my hair to take being accused of "just showing up" lying down.

I do however agree that this is a silly thread and will remain so until we have a little coming out about how all the cutie, blond yuppie types in their stretchy black pants can't hold a candle to the fascination of sheer will-to-power exemplified by people like Zaha. I don't really care for her work but, if you've ever been in the same room with her, she can really pull off a kind of glamour that is pretty incredible.

in any case, it think architect guys work it harder than most (in our own, strange way). I spend too much time carefully messing up my hair to take being accused of "just showing up" laying down.

I do however agree that this is a silly thread and will remain so untill we have a little comming out about how all the cuite, blond yuppie types in their stretchy black pants can't hold a candle to the facination of sheer will-to-power exemplified by people like Zaha. I don't really care for her work but, if you've ever been in the same room with her, she can really pull off a kind of glamor that is pretty incredible.

Feb 23, 06 8:21 pm  · 
 · 

time to streamline your postisng skills ;)

Feb 23, 06 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Too much time spent playing with his hair, not enough time proof-reading.

Feb 23, 06 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

oops, gotta do that select all thing before I paste.

all that thinking about Zaha's got me flustered.

Feb 23, 06 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Lol....frustrated....Wanker!

Feb 23, 06 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie

I'd better repost this from the Separated At Birth thread

Feb 23, 06 9:16 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Oh man. Do I smell a "Hottest Male" thread?

Feb 23, 06 9:30 pm  · 
 · 
jts329

Honestly, I was browsing the Morphosis/Thom Mayne website (so confusing, by the way), and perusing the bios, and saw a beautiful beautiful architect. Her name is Kristina Loock. Seeing as how I'm not even close to being an architect yet (freshman in undergrad), and she's probably like fifteen years older than me, its kind of a celebrity obsession thing right now.

Feb 23, 06 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

Okay, anyway. I’m going to stop being sarcastic and go back to playing with my hair now but I’d like to suggest that, if this thread continues, that people think about where they draw the line between celebrity gossip and sub-cultural fashion commentary and pulling people’s names and images in to a public forum without their consent and in a way that might be considered degrading or creepy. We’re all protected by our monikers, let other people do their jobs and maintain their own privacy.

I’ll leave the sexism issue be and point instead to a larger “rock-start effect” where fan’s end up behaving like they own the objects of their adoration [N. Young, “Mr. Soul”]. It gets a little rough in architecture because the distance from the front row to the stage is so small. If you don’t already, you’ll end up knowing or, hopefully, being one of these people you like one day. Give’em a break.

Feb 23, 06 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
...about how all the cutie, blond yuppie types in their stretchy black pants can't hold a candle to the fascination of sheer will-to-power exemplified by people like Zaha.

Thank you newstreamlinedmodel for this very apt statement. I think that's part of the problem with this discussion for me: people are pretty or not, but accomplishments and aura can make a person hot. I think Zaha has an awesome beauty, I could voyeuristically watch her for hours, and I've never even been in the same room as her.

Of course, just going on aesthetics, the best-looking male architect is Brad Pitt.

oops!

Feb 23, 06 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

lol....I think he was in your Studio at school Liberty Bell....along with John Denver..

Feb 23, 06 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
soulikeit

thought i should revive this thread since it has been a while.........

Apr 4, 06 7:21 am  · 
 · 
galaxiz

Lauren Rottet of Rottet DMJM

Apr 10, 06 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
conrad

one wo/man's trash is another wo/man's treasure

Apr 11, 06 1:52 am  · 
 · 
danielmunteanu

Malkit Shoshan (F.A.S.T.)

Apr 11, 06 2:33 am  · 
 · 
danielmunteanu

And the same Malkit Shoshan during an INDESEM tutorial last summer in Delft.

(photo removed at the request of the architect)

Apr 11, 06 2:39 am  · 
 · 
bigness

she's gonna sue you for that...

Apr 11, 06 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
JAG

I once gave a ride to Francine Houben of Mecanoo in the back of my 1964 Cadillac...

Apr 11, 06 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

if design professionals are expected to be attractive...how in the world did i ever get a job? unless there is a subset of the female gender attracted to short fat pasty-white irishmen with extremely thick glasses and crooked teeth.

Apr 11, 06 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

she's nice, butt) i've been behind better behinds...

Apr 11, 06 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
surface

The lady's opinion on this thread: People are obsessed with other attractive people in general. It is not surprising that this comes up from time to time.

As long as it stays in the realm of simply voicing appreciation of attractive architects.. okay then.

And that's about it.

Apr 11, 06 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie

Re that Malkit Shoshan image: [cue Tex Avery jaw-drop + eye-pop + tongue-rolling-out + Klaxon horn, etc]

Apr 11, 06 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

people are like buildings. you can't really tell what they're like -- or whether you'll like them -- until you experience them in person. because what looks good in an image often pales in actual experience.

i dunno. so many characteristics combine to shape our experience of buildings and you can't depict this in an image. whether the building is cold or hot. what it looks like one degree in rotation. where the breeze blows from. what the echoes in the hallway sound like. what it's like at 3 AM when nobody's there.

same with women. the way she smells. the little crackle in her voice when she says something a certain way. the freckle behind her ear that you can't see in the picture. how she walks. her opinion of postmodernism. the difference between how she touches you when you brought home a diamond ring and how she touches you when you brought home the utility bill.

and i can completely second the opinion stated above, that someone doesn't have to be conventionally beautiful to drive people wild. i can really imagine men falling hand over foot for zaha, i really can. and conversely, some people might look great in pictures but once you see her thong hanging out above her pants...it's just ruined. (not to mention the cigarette.)

i always remember the cheerleader who i had a crush on in high school. jeez, she was incredibly beautiful. and then one day i finagled my car to be in the shop so that i could bum a ride home with her after student council. her daddy-financed very-expensive car smelled like wet laundry had molded in the backseat. i wanted to throw up and my thoughts went to other girls by the time i got home.

i once mentioned to my wife my theory of the hyper-average. that, people in general are in general most physically attracted not to excellence but to the perfection of the (desired) average or the common or the conventional within a larger set or body of comparisons. in other words, that which is good yet/and safe. this explains a lot of the faces and bodies in this thread. skinny bodies, not-too-quirky faces, not too many flaws. not objectionable, but...yeah, boring.

i identify more with diego rivera, for whom women (people) were more beautiful for their flaws. there was a quote to that effect in the movie "frida," but i couldn't find it. which straight man here would rather date a sorority girl than frida kahlo? ok, probably a lot. but frida kahlo would've been a much better conversation.

Apr 12, 06 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie

Does her thong ruin it? Really?

Apr 12, 06 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

yeah...a little too flashy, in the same way that a beautiful woman wearing too short a skirt turns one off. but we all have our likes and dislikes.

Apr 12, 06 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie

Hey, Classic Modernist isn't everything. (Though the black thong *does* seem vaguely Miesian...)

Apr 12, 06 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
e

well put ochona.

Apr 12, 06 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

ochona my heart is beating a little faster now. Wonderfully stated. Thank you.

Apr 12, 06 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

are u talkin the frida kahlo version of frida kahlo
or the salma hayek version of frida kahlo???

Apr 13, 06 7:39 am  · 
 · 

yep, ochona. one for the archinect archives 'classic passages' book.

Apr 13, 06 7:43 am  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

So, Ochona, the flaws of average women are generously overlooked on the way to your total appreciation of their every idiosyncratic quirk, but the incredibly beautiful cheerleader gets an instant dismissal for her smelly car? Tough crowd.

Apr 13, 06 12:13 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

this is beginning to sound like mean girls...

Apr 13, 06 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
Something in the way she moves
Attracts me like no other lover
Something in the way she woos me

I don’t want to leave her now
You know I believe her now

Somewhere in her smile she knows
That I don’t need no other lover
Something in her style that shows me

Don’t want to leave her now

You’re asking me will my love grow
I don’t know, I don’t know
You stick around now it may show
I don’t know, I don’t know

Something in the way she knows
And all I have to do is think of her
Something in the things she shows me

Don’t want to leave her now

Apr 13, 06 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

Or Sarcastic Girls.

Apr 13, 06 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

"Hot Cheerleader, Smelly Car"

The Sequel.

She's back, and she's mad.

Apr 13, 06 1:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: