Archinect
anchor

Dating

i can't believe i just read (most) of the above!

man, i am sooooo procarstinatin' today. deadline tommorrow am and just not into the work. damn.

but at least i gotta date.

Feb 5, 06 5:08 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

jump,

it's so funny to hear that phd'ers slack too...i thought you guys were all stiffys..hah

Feb 5, 06 6:33 am  · 
 · 

are you kidding. we ALL slack. actually in my school we all got design gigs going on the side and lately for me THAT work is much more tantilising and I really wanna get back to it...

and the thing tomorrow is going to be soooo boring, no one will pay attention to my presentation unless i don't do the work, which sucks cuz its kinda pointless. one of those semi-boorocratic days. ugh.

Feb 5, 06 11:41 am  · 
 · 

OK, so this must be officially a dating scene/meatmarket because some website called www.love-dna.com has deemed this discussion worth linking to. Please tally your scores.

Feb 5, 06 6:50 pm  · 
 · 
rebelliousz_poet
classified
Feb 5, 06 10:24 pm  · 
 · 

hah! now that is hilarious!

Feb 5, 06 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
Nevermore

hey what happened to sheetrockand geez..?..they seem to have disappeared !

Feb 6, 06 5:08 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

haha .. this is funny ..

just relalized how short I am too !! :( ... height is over rated !!

gotta add that to the over rated thread !!

Feb 6, 06 5:41 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

sporadic..now what?..you'r tryin to hit on her too ?

Feb 6, 06 5:44 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

nope .. no more hitting for me ..

once bitten , twice shy !! ...
make that ... " always bitten, forever shy "!!! ...

Feb 6, 06 5:56 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

hehehe..where did she bite you?

Feb 6, 06 6:10 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

LOL... you should ask ... "where did she not bite me ? "

Feb 6, 06 6:12 am  · 
 · 
Nevermore

sporadic..serves you right....I told you

I told you
I told you
I told you
I told you

NOT to propose to zaha

don't do it again.....

Feb 6, 06 6:17 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

Well there was a time when I had a one nighter and woke up with a bad hicky.. very visible, on my neck !!!

I had to borrow my friend's foundation ( one of them make-up things) to cover it up... but not before the rest of the office noticed it and were soon hunting for details !!

ah well .... the mark stayed on for a week or so !!!

Feb 6, 06 6:35 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

advice to guys ..... sometimes buying make-up can be handy !!

Feb 6, 06 6:36 am  · 
 · 
sporadic supernova

btw .... ( off topic )

looks like we're getting screwed in cricket !!!

Feb 6, 06 6:38 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Why doesn't he just Craigslist it?

Feb 6, 06 9:43 am  · 
 · 
geezopeez

dude, y'alls making me sound like the archinect wench!

Feb 6, 06 10:33 am  · 
 · 
ReflexiveSpace

smile, you're famous geezopeez, well if you consider www.love-dna.com at all popular... love-dna.com what? who will link to this conversation next, and when is the date and where is the video? DATE DATE DATE DATE drunken chanting/hand slamming on table

Feb 6, 06 11:33 am  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Yeah, when's the date? Make sure you use Sorensen compression on the video. I want quality.

Feb 6, 06 11:37 am  · 
 · 
SuperBeatledud
Feb 6, 06 12:51 pm  · 
 · 

4girls.gov ??? What tha...

Feb 6, 06 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Hot damn. I met a 1st year Columbia Student on the L train this ayem who was reading Delirious NY... She was a cute blonde with big perty eyes and I didn't ask for her name or number. Kicking myself now...

She said she's looked through Archinect before, maybe we'll "chinect" through archinect.

There aren't many cute architecture chicks in Bushwick - it'd be nice to know one.

Feb 9, 06 9:40 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

big perty.... eyes... right. eyes.

Feb 9, 06 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

First thing I always look at... no joke

Feb 9, 06 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
ReflexiveSpace

allright! someone is going to videotape this right?

Feb 9, 06 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

So I tried the "I'm an architect" thing at a bar last weekend, girls night out, so lots of opportunity. I might have had a little less than the required finesse thanks to a few run and cokes... here's how it went.

"You're too young to be an architect." Smiles, walks away. Musta thought I was a compulsive liar.

"Oh, yeh? And who's your friend over there?" Points to friend next to me. I answer, "She's a stay at home mom." "Oh YEAH???" (sounding interested).

Another - pulls a brochure out of his pocket and shows me the house he's going to buy. Just moved here from the caribbean. From the photo I could tell that the roof pitch (shingles) was about a 1:2 and told him it was too low for snow. He ripped the brochure out of my hands and walked away.

I can't play the architect card right. Oh well.

Feb 9, 06 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

What kind of bar was this?

I once was talking to a girl at a bar and when she asked what I did - I told her, "i'm an architect" - she replied with "oh so you're not smart enough to be an engineer and not creative enough to be an artist" - when I asked her what she did, she promptly responded "I'm an artist". To which I replied - "so you're not smart enough to have a real career and you're not creative enough to have a better answer than that"...

Turns out she "paints" and her parents pay for her to live in the E Village.

Feb 9, 06 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Good answer, JP.

It was an older, dorkier crowd (not my pick of bars), but lots of dancing, picking people up type of place. I was with 3 other girls, we were loud and drawing some attention as a group. Also note: I had quite a buzz going, if I were talking to me, I'd walk away too, I don't know that I was standing up straight.

But while I'm on a role, once I told a guy I was an architect, he looked me up and down and matter of factly responded, "No, you're not."
He was a contractor...

Feb 9, 06 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

Good posture ensures a good spanking.

Feb 9, 06 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
pulls a brochure out of his pocket and shows me the house he's going to buy. Just moved here from the caribbean.

who the hell brings brochures of real estate to bars?...leave all paperwork at home...

Feb 9, 06 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

[quote="dammson"]who the hell brings brochures of real estate to bars?...leave all paperwork at home...

Guys who want to impress a chick with their infinite wealth. Yes, it works with some girls...

Feb 9, 06 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I think he might have just been at the realtors before he came to the bar, it was folded up in his pocket, was very excited about it. I killed that. It wasn't an impressive house, just a normal 80's suburban thing.

Feb 9, 06 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

will any of you go on a date with me? pleeeeaaase?

Feb 9, 06 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
geezopeez

this and the shoe thread have gotten more views than other threads that directly relate to architecture. ha ha.

Feb 9, 06 6:08 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

geez- don't say such things... the Fancy Graphics Lovers thread may make a comeback yet.

Feb 9, 06 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
sheetrock

so who lives in the LA area?
now that my deadline is on hold, i can get back to finding me a mate.

i like architecture chicks who wear cool glasses...that just me.

Feb 10, 06 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
ReflexiveSpace

I want a girl who will laugh for no one else.
When I’m away she puts her makeup on the shelf.

Feb 10, 06 2:52 pm  · 
 · 

i would think all you guys would want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket.

Feb 10, 06 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
geezopeez

how about those girls from that 'windowlicker' video? the are hot.

Feb 10, 06 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
sheetrock

how about chicks who talk dirty in architectural terms.. just a thought.

Feb 10, 06 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

sheetrock-

i think you just answered your own question of why you can't find a girl.

Feb 10, 06 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
job job

JohnP - i read your post and got 'big party eyes' and just pictured a coked-out kate moss, trying to focus on words.

anyway i hope she's out there for you - for what it's worthi think it's a hard sell on a subway; the creep factor is high for everybody in an early morning commute. you'd have to shine charisma, beaming out your ass

Feb 10, 06 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
sheetrock

gees..its friday...where's the fun.

Feb 10, 06 3:26 pm  · 
 · 

sheetrock why don't you go try and pick up ladies at lenscrafters waiting for their cool new glasses?

Feb 10, 06 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
ReflexiveSpace

ah yes, plus if they are waiting for glasses, maybe they can't see well at the moment. get em when the gettins good

Feb 10, 06 4:11 pm  · 
 · 
sheetrock

i tried this before with no success....i have to work on my body odor...blind people have a keen sense of smell.

Feb 10, 06 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

sheetrock,

I heard some guy call in a radio show telling the host that he's having a hard time getting dates in L.A....the caller just recently moved from NY and, according to the host, he couldn't get dates because the caller kept referring to NY as "back home" or "back there" and kept referring to L.A. as "out here" in conversations...was that you?

Feb 10, 06 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

sheetrock-

i think you are past the small arms tactics. you need the heavy artillery:

i swear. it'll be lambs to the slaughter. am i right, or am i right, ladies?

Feb 10, 06 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

oh... if you're in LA, you need to get something trendy, like a puggle puppy.

Feb 10, 06 6:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: