Archinect
anchor

The "UGLIEST" skyscraper I have ever seen !!

sporadic supernova

URRGGHHH ..!!

looks like a voodoo prop
that's an "alien" thing , right ?

May 7, 06 8:15 am  · 
 · 
not_here

those two skyscrapers look very nice to me, the original one and the replacement.

a lot of architects need to realize that the public loves such eccentric buildings.
plain skyscrapers are far worse than those two buildings.

May 7, 06 8:34 am  · 
 · 
mespellrong

the Trump building that started this thread reminds me of the MacDonalds salad ads from about two years ago that were clearly ripoffs of Georgia O'Keefe

May 7, 06 9:13 am  · 
 · 
colinrichardson

first, i think it's wonderful that donald trump has the range and talent to create ugly buildings in a range of styles, or at least hire shitty architects to design them. if you google "dubai skyscraper" you can see that the city is dominated is dominated by an aesthetic that is just different. it reminds me of those transformers that would start out as animals (some of them were beetles) and unfold into robots. i didn't like it initially, and am still getting used to it, but i don't know if it's ugly, maybe just really unfamiliar. it clashes with everything i've been raised to like and more importantly, understand. i havea feeling that my children. or children's children won't see it the same way. -think of it this way; i'm sure that rococco buildings offended most architects at one time.

May 7, 06 9:48 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

The second tower is the first building with trump's name on it that dare i say... find kind of cool. I think I like it.

May 7, 06 6:59 pm  · 
 · 

May 8, 06 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
pencebor

Its simple as that: the image of Islamic world had always been a round shape, so they can't really put Mies Van Der Rohe in the middle of that world.

May 8, 06 10:36 pm  · 
 · 

May 9, 06 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
jlxarchitect

Can't resist in posting this one:

May 9, 06 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

holy shit! I want that shirt!

-andrew

May 9, 06 4:59 pm  · 
 · 

From this thread.

May 9, 06 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
oe

765, dont knock the loos man. That shit was heroically ugly.

May 9, 06 7:19 pm  · 
 · 

I am only able to converse in images ever since posting on this thread.

May 9, 06 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
Caryatid15

Oh, go to Manila, Philippines. You'll see tons of UGLY skyscrapers.

Shame on those architects.
But at least they did make an impression ;) LOL

http://www.viveresuites.com/index.asp

You won't see it clearly here, but the podium is the worst part of this building. It's seems as though the architect attempted to be a cross between Gaudi and Graves =P

May 14, 06 1:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: