Archinect
anchor

Workshop Hakomori Yantrasast

le bossman

these people are building a museum in my hometown. does anybody know anything about them? do they have a website or examples of other work i can see? should i expect quality?

Dec 4, 05 6:31 pm
le bossman

well, obviously this is an important firm

Dec 5, 05 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
joek
http://www.gramonline.org/expansion/wHY.html

this is all I found, I couldn't find a website for them, though I only looked for 2 or 3 minutes.

Dec 5, 05 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

yeah, but that's already what i'm talking about. i wonder if they exist.

Dec 6, 05 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
Louisville Architect

contact for employment: mirena kim
email: work@why-architecture.com
phone: 310 839 5106
ftp: www.why-architecture.com

apparently no online presence.

Dec 6, 05 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

they don't have a website? omg! i wonder if they'd hire? that's sooo mysterious & hot!

Dec 6, 05 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

i don't want to work for them, i want to find out if they are going to screw up the little town or make it nice.

Dec 6, 05 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

the design

Dec 6, 05 6:30 pm  · 
 · 

they do exist my friend works for them !

Dec 6, 05 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
spaceman

Munkenbeck and Marshall of London was the firm initially selected for the project in 2002. link I think they took the project through DD and had a falling out with the client. Studio WHY took over the project after the M+M was fired.

Dec 6, 05 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

no i know i was originally dissappointed munkenbeck and marshall lost the commission. but i suppose gr has enough token starchitect buildings for such a small town. usually such projects aren't that good anyway, as though they don't take the environment seriously there.

Dec 7, 05 9:05 am  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

*anti-per bump*

Dec 7, 05 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
ret

*almost there*

Dec 7, 05 3:13 pm  · 
 · 

Yo Hakamori is one cool dude... I took Materials and Methods of Building Construction from him several years ago. He's a very precise man, but very cool. You might find old work under the name Hakamori/Tang Architects, or something similar to that, as he used to partner with Paul Tang. He's one of those professors who don't divulge a great amount about their own work, but I'd like to think that someone who is that great of a person and a teacher does work to match.

Dec 7, 05 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
whyarchitecture

Our Website is:

www.why-site.com

We accept applications year round at the following locations:

LOS ANGELES - workla@why-site.com

NEW YORK - workny@why-site.com

May 16, 16 6:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: