Archinect
anchor

regional school for the arts...what the?!

rigor mortis

I'm currently doing a thesis about a school which specializes in art education for a minority group particularly in Ifugao, Philippines. The study aims to promote the culture and the arts of that ethnic group (e.g. traditional woodcarving, weaving, dancing, etc.) by providing trainings for young Ifugao children and high schoolers and at the same time cultivating the artistic talents of the tribal people.

I want the design to be sensitive to the culture of the people but at the same time I want to open up new horizons to the budding artists who will be my primary users by giving them something new which will help them to maximize their potentials.

I'm so confused. I don't know how to do it. Its either I stick to the traditional design (well, that'll be the huts, thatched roofs and everything...) or to the contemporary design...or hybrid.

(I see the traditional design a bit constricting for the children but then...its their traditional way of living...whaaaaa!!!)

What do you think?

Nov 9, 05 4:06 pm
shwetapanwar

I have similar topic.. can u share more about it??

Jan 12, 17 7:22 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Seriously? This thread is 12 years old.
Jan 12, 17 7:34 am  · 
 · 
shwetapanwar

Didnt see that.. lol.

Jan 12, 17 7:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: