Archinect
anchor

Lecture Podcasting: Interest?

brookmeier

I recently stumbled across Architecture Radio (via Yahoo's new podcast tool). Their episodes are merely public lectures. Obviously they're missing the crucial visual component of most architectural lectures, however, they are still quite good.

I'm not sure what the copyright implications are, but I think a Architectural Lecture repository for podcasts would be a great resource.

I'll try to start the bootlegging this week with Timberlake @UWM.

Oct 12, 05 3:16 pm
pencrush

with the new video podcasting, you could film the lecture, and make it available for downloading... I don't know about copyright issues, though...

Oct 12, 05 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

oohhh...that is niiiice

Oct 12, 05 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
architecturegeek

yeah and now that I can get a video Ipod I can watch them at work...

I think you'd have to work out some issues with school/venue of the lecture place. Most public institutions would probably be cool with a rebroadcast. free lectures are probably a go. paid/ticketed ones probably not.

Oct 12, 05 8:35 pm  · 
 · 

It's so refreshing to finally see something like Atelier BowWow's home construction blog. It's very forseeable that at some point in the near future this kind of tour will also have live action ready for video podcasting.

Oct 12, 05 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
rebelliousz_poet

that sounds great... now i can work late at the office and still "do"[listen/watch] other things i would rather be doing after an 8+ hour a day of a full time j.o.b.

Oct 12, 05 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush
Shalak

you could watch it on your computer in iTunes... you don't have to watch it on the ipod itself...

Oct 13, 05 3:12 pm  · 
 · 

i don't think the idea would be to just rerelease the lecture itself. someone would have to go through the trouble of editing images to fully utilize the screen and incorporate animations. the best way would probably be to also cut parts of the lecture.

Oct 13, 05 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
el marquez

Louis, Architecture Radio _is_ an architecture lecture repository. You can see that by looking at the collection here. In addition, videos are offered through the site, albeit in smaller quantities because of the cost of hosting and production. Here's an example, and another one. As far as copyright is concerned, there are many implications and are not to be taken lightly, even for something as seemingly innocuous as posting a public lecture. Here's a book that was recommended to me by a lawyer.

If you or anyone else is interested in getting involved, let me know.

Oct 20, 05 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

I've been listening to the architecture radio lectures at work lately. Granted that there aren't the images to go along, but its a nice change of pace when doing CDs for buildings that strive to be mediocre.

Oct 20, 05 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
abbazabba's comment has been hidden
abbazabba

Brookmeier and Others, I'll throw our own podcast into the mix - "The Midnight Charette". It is hosted by myself and Emma Pascal. We are both Architects in NYC. Some of the discussions are more serious and some are totally random. Most of it is NSFW. We'll be posting some more architecture-specific episodes soon. Check out our website.

We are on: iTunes Instagram YouTube  SoundCloud Facebook http://www.midnightcharette.com/

The Midnight Charette is a weekly podcast featuring New York architectural designers Bruce Mar and Emma Pascal who share their stories and thoughts about design, people and more.

Episode #001 Introduction, Amenities in the Ofiice, UFC 207, Crappy Judo, Awkward Karate, Eating Horses, House Pets, Having Kids

Episode #002 - Voyeurism and Security, Studio Culture, Digital Art at the Whitney Museum & Virtual Reality, Rendering & New Technology in Design

Episode #003 - Jello Shots, Partying, Architecture School in France, Student Internships, Design

Episode #004 - "Ching Chong Ling Long", Chinese in Colleges, Youtubers, Makeup 'Artists', Fashion Designers, Fake Hype, Leaving Offices

Episode #005 "Ching Chong Ling Long", Chinese in Colleges, Youtubers, Makeup 'Artists', Fashion Designers, Fake Hype, Leaving Offices

Episode #006 - Easter, Meditation for Vacation, United Airlines, Security Guards, Fat People, Weirdos on the Subway, Sexism, Ageism and Racism in Offices, Drinking Too Much Water, Blue Cheese & Nutella

Episode #007 - DNA Ethnicity Testing, Fit Bits, Selfie Drones, Fashionable People, Googleplex, Apple's New Campus, Self-Driving Cars, Architecture, Urban Design

Episode #008 - Bathroom Etiquette, Blondes in China, Traveling, Aliens, Glamping, Amazon Echo, Customer Service, Superheros, Bees, Beyonce

Episode #009 - Part 1 - Cinco de Mayo, Dating Apps, Facebook, Augmented Reality, Mobile Technology, Dogs & Hedgehogs, Urban Farming, Architecture Trends, Project Critiques: Mashambas Skyscraper | Instant City:Living Air-Right

May 11, 17 1:39 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: