Archinect
anchor

Thank you card? E-card? Or no card?

Reason

I wonder after interview do you usually send a thank you card? or a e-card? Since it's digital age now, much easier to send by e-mail? Or don't need to do so, only send to the one you really interested in? If you do send one, when will be a good time? Right after interview? Waite for a couple of days and if not hearing from them, and use it as reminder?
Your answer will be really appreciated.

Sep 19, 05 3:10 pm
ochona

i think it is acceptable to send a thank-you e-mail within 24 hours to anyone you interview. send a check-in e-mail a week later.

Sep 19, 05 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
e

no ecard. email is fine. card adds a special touch. do it within a couple of days. checking-in email with a week to week and a half.

Sep 19, 05 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
and/or

or:
make sure you include a box of chocolate candies and a bottle of Crytal champagne.

Sep 19, 05 4:04 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Not a card. Cards are for weddings, funerals, birthdays, et cetera.

This is business, after all. Send a letter, either an electronic one (i.e., email), or a short one via snail mail.

Sep 19, 05 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
FRO

to me, nothing says 'I don't care, but I want you to think I do' like a card.

Sep 19, 05 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

if you care you send something: card, e-mail, etc.

the point is: you thank the interviewer for their time, you go over subjects that either were not mentioned in the interview or that you'd like to elaborate upon, and then you mention that YOU will check in with THEM.

what it shows the employer is that you are conscientious of etiquette, that you follow through with things, and that you show a respect and appreciation for others' time.

Sep 19, 05 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
pinstripeprincess

i would never consider an e-card as professional but do think that a short thank you note is very appropriate.

i definitely would send an email within 24 hours of the interview at the absolute least.

Sep 19, 05 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
Reason

Thanks for all the feed backs. Too bad, in contemplating what to do, 4 days include two days weekend have passed already. I just sent an e-mail. Is it too late already? It's a good design firm I'm really interested in. Will that really affect you chance any way? I wonder.

Sep 19, 05 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
typetomark

The correct thing to do is to mail a thank you letter the second you get home from your interview. The second best thing is to send a thank you email the second you get home from the interview. An ecard is probably not the best thing to send as it is not very professional. The general rule is to send a thank you - sending one in any way you can is far better than not sending one at all.

Even if you do not want the job, send one. It is good practice and it makes a good impression while keeping all options open for you. Who knows when the interviewer may help your career or be an asset in developing your career or providing a career lead in the future? It is a small world. The best impression is the one you always want to make.

It is not to late to send a thank you. It is best to send it right away, but sending one is the most important thing.

Most people do not send thank yous - it is a simple act that puts you way ahead of the competetion. Many of my jobs, I got, because of the "thank you." (whether or not that is a good thing).

Sep 19, 05 11:36 pm  · 
 · 
Reason

typetomark, thanks for your advice, I will keep that in mind. Since I still work in another company, so it's hard to send an e-mail right after interview. After work, the baby takes all the time, so never get arround to do it. Also I may not think that as so important. So this will be really helpful in the future.

Sep 19, 05 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
LorrieCapper

I think you can send thank you card for Interview. It's a good way to remind them. Lol

Nov 9, 16 3:24 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

After an employment interview, you mail a letter to each person you spoke to, thanking them and expressing your continued interest in getting the job.   

Nov 9, 16 11:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: