Archinect
anchor

Exterior wall panels

J3

I am remodelling a 10 story office building with really awful exterior skin (which has been painted about 20 times). The new owner wants to cover it up (re-skinning the building is out of the question)
I have done a search in the forums and not found anything... I am currently considering: SwissPearl, and CEP-Petrarch Panels. Metals are also out of the question...
Must be Lightweight, and thin. Any suggestions are appreciated in advance.

Aug 17, 05 3:16 pm
MysteryMan

You're missing a genuine opprtunity: Paint the faaker again! Seriously, look what these faakers did:

;inl

Aug 17, 05 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
snooker-doodle-dandy

I don't know the price point but " Equitone" Fiber Cement Panels might do the trick.

Sep 26, 14 8:35 am  · 
 · 

You can opt for Metal Glazing Infill Panels, they can benefit you if you are looking for cost effective and aesthetically pleasing option for your building.

Jun 22, 18 7:40 am  · 
 · 
Koww

we're looking for something really expensive and ugly as possible

Sep 9, 18 2:53 am  · 
 · 
Medusa

Trespa (or any HPL) panels?

Sep 9, 18 9:48 am  · 
 · 
z6jbishop

Well, it's not going to be as cheap, some structural additions will be necessary, but you could create a double-skin facade. This would be leaving the original wall, adding some structural steel supports that tie back to the building structure, and then just installing a CWS or other continuous panel on the outside of the building. It's better than a re-skin, and it creates an awesome thermal/waterproofing envelope. They do it in Europe a bit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

Sep 13, 18 11:24 am  · 
 · 
poisonivy

I found a great website for the isolating panels that you can contact they have a quality and my trust in any kind of projects that require isolation, investors were really satisfied with the price and the job was well done :)

Mar 5, 19 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
IndianaVisions

I would recommend vinyl cladding. Being a plastic cladding it's light weighted too (as per your requirement).

Sep 1, 19 11:41 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: