Archinect
anchor

No superheroes are Architect, now why is that?

I got to thinking why aren't there any superheroes that are architects. I mean almost every other profession is covered - doctors, lawyers even accountants. Why can't we get any respresentation?

I'm talking to you Marvel!! Yes you, damnit!

Jul 23, 05 9:02 pm
leander

yeah, but we are vigilantes. ever heard of death wish?

classy.

Jul 23, 05 10:34 pm  · 
1  · 
MysteryMan

'Cause it's difficult to make Richard Belzer look good in tights.

Jul 23, 05 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

i consider king-kong a superhero architect, he does a lot of city planning and demo work. without king-kong, hmmm, i don't know.. it is about time for kong to come back with a new set of plans..
go king kong go, break more buildings..yey.

Jul 23, 05 11:31 pm  · 
1  · 

I was thinking its because you could tear an architect away from designing to go save the world. He'd prefer to let the zombies wreck through town well at least the seedy parts of town to allow for regeneration.

But what would his/her name be?? A more difficult question

man in black? his glasses have xray vision as well as laser beams (really good when meeting with contractors).

Jul 23, 05 11:38 pm  · 
 · 

It was never explicitly stated, but I think Bruce Wayne was a trust fund architect. The cool rides, the clothes consciousness, and the creation of his high-tech nest in that cave, and the early awareness of the potential in branding (that logo on everything!): all adds up to the gesamtkunstwerk vision of an architect.

Jul 24, 05 1:59 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

abra, that would be Godzilla who was the king architect, anyone who saw the movie with Matthew Broderick can attest to magnificent holes in buildings from his reign of terror....

Jul 24, 05 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
upside

im an architect and often wear my underpants outside my clothes

Jul 25, 05 1:38 am  · 
 · 
noel

does george costanza count as a superhero?

Jul 25, 05 2:12 am  · 
 · 
.nl

"A New York City architect becomes a one-man vigilante squad after his wife is murdered by street punks in which he randomly goes out and kills would-be muggers on the mean streets after dark." Death Wish

Charles Bronson the ultimate architect-super-hero.

Jul 25, 05 3:30 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

not sure about a name.

Jul 25, 05 6:00 am  · 
 · 
bigness

bob the (gay) builder?

those handlebar mustaches...

Jul 25, 05 7:11 am  · 
 · 
nike

thats gr8 a suprehero of an architect. so if he's from the sixties he probably carries his fully loaded rotrings/stedler point pens. and is always ready with a clutch pencil if you needed one with a never ending lead in it. could produce models in a jiffy. oh and yes the super achitect constructs and designs at the same time so he could design and make townships all at once hose the poor and be a benefactor. he is our very own bob the builder.

Jul 25, 05 8:05 am  · 
 · 
norm

mr. brady?

Jul 25, 05 3:23 pm  · 
1  · 
melivt

my architect/hero is the one that designs that *beautiful* house and gets to bang demi moore-pre implants, though. bonus with the 420.

for a while, i was convinced thom mayne was the set designer for that movie.

Jul 25, 05 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
Jrocc

Far from the traditional superhero but I believe The Maxx was an architect, really wanted to panit sci-fi book covers but couldn,t hack it and settled as an architect. At least thats part of his origin before the story starts really twisting and turning.

Jul 25, 05 5:29 pm  · 
 · 

that guy looks like one of the village people. Looks more like a brit builder, check his pants.

He has to wear black with funny sq glasses

Jul 25, 05 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

They aren't superheroes because they are busy being philanderers...
my favorite, Wesley Snipes in Jungle Fever.

Jul 26, 05 2:00 pm  · 
 · 
norm

was superman's crystal palace a design/build job?

Jul 26, 05 2:17 pm  · 
 · 

Fortress of Solitude, dude.

Jul 26, 05 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Why do you think my name is "WonderK"? I am a superhero by night.

Jul 26, 05 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
big dead elephant

Ive noticed in a lot of movies architects become widowers, often of senselessly murdered wives,.. vigilantes, yea..

I think architects are still alittle too 'high profie' for a secret identity, its got its own wierd dignity that takes it out of the running for the 'everyman' kind of job.

Jul 26, 05 11:47 pm  · 
 · 

the architect superhero would throw xacto knives at his opponents and glue them together to foil their caper

he'd build his own phone booth (constantly changing design) before he'd go in it to change

and unlike superman he'd look like Clark Kent when he was superarchitect - only in black ala NEo, with no suit!!

Jul 27, 05 10:39 pm  · 
 · 
Doors_Jim

there are two superhero architects, the first one is Tigra from the Thundercats, he designed the fortress and he is the second in command in case Lion-O dies. and the second is John Stewart a Green Lantern from DC universe. He fought, side by side, against Parallax with Hal Jordan.

Jan 9, 15 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
Doors_Jim

JOHN STEWART

TYGRA

Jan 9, 15 11:57 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

I was about to jump in with Jon Stuart as well upon seeing the subject. Green Lantern comics are pretty great. Jon being selected by the power ring because of having a huge amount of creativity and will power (required to make constructs with the power ring) is a pretty good commentary re: the ideal architect.

Jan 10, 15 9:37 am  · 
 · 

Architects make better supervillans. We're careful planners, always imaging grand schemes and what would be necessary to make them happen.

Developers should be the superheroes, as they are always making the world a better place. 

Jan 10, 15 10:34 am  · 
1  · 
dawnfry

THERE IS an architect Super Hero - -  Mr.X !!!! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_X_(Vortex)

Set in Radiant City, a dystopian municipality influenced by Bauhaus and Fritz Lang's Metropolis, the series concerns a mysterious figure who purports to be its architect. His radical theories of "psychetecture" cause the citizenry to go mad, just as he did, and he takes on the mission to repair his creation.

Mister X's influence can be seen and was acknowledged in films like Terry Gilliam's Brazil,[6] Tim Burton's Batman,[7] and Alex ProyasDark City.[8]

Nov 17, 21 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

^ I think we know where the X comes from.

Radiant City | Someone Has Built It Before(Radiant City / Ville Radieuse)

The Glock on the table means that Mr. X has a client coming in....

Nov 17, 21 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I always assumed Corb would pack flintlocks instead.

Nov 17, 21 5:22 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

Now that you mention it, I could see him going elegant-yet-old-school. A garrote, maybe.

Nov 17, 21 7:52 pm  · 
1  · 

Any real superhero would never disclose their true identity.  

Excuse me - there is a signal in the sky I need to answer.  BRB. 

Nov 17, 21 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

What object shows in the Chad-signal? Laptop? Pizza? Beer glass? Remote? =O]

Nov 17, 21 7:57 pm  · 
 · 

An arrowhead. You really think I got this good at archery by only shooting at wildlife? Pfffft. :P

Nov 17, 21 8:44 pm  · 
1  · 
JLC-1

oh arrow, not green yet?

Nov 18, 21 11:59 am  · 
 · 

Naw. I'm not THAT good.

Nov 18, 21 5:33 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

Shouldn't your signal be a sharpie?

Nov 19, 21 3:57 am  · 
1  · 

Hmmmm - it probably should be.

Nov 19, 21 10:51 am  · 
 · 
Le Courvoisier

I'm a superhero

Nov 18, 21 11:54 am  · 
 · 
whistler

I always thought it was Howard Roark!

Nov 18, 21 5:05 pm  · 
1  · 

Superman:

Built the Fortress of Solitude(design build).

Raised and refurbished the Titanic(historical renovation).

Ant-Man shrank his quarters(adaptive reuse).

Batman built the Bat Cave.(site specific design).

Nov 18, 21 7:36 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

but were they licensed?

Nov 19, 21 3:55 am  · 
1  · 
( o Y o )

Archinect has a superhero:

Nov 19, 21 10:32 am  · 
3  · 
Non Sequitur

Great find.

Nov 19, 21 10:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: