Archinect
anchor

podcasts

3ifs

anyone into the podcast thing?

i am addicted to the dawn & drew show... i haven't been able to find any others that i really like though.

Jul 12, 05 10:19 am
popeye

just got an ipod and was looking into the podcasts. are those free?

do they have mike savage?

just kidding hes a facist.

Jul 12, 05 11:13 am  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

does Macho Man Randy Savage have one?

ooohhhh yyeeaaaahhh!

Jul 12, 05 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

yeah they are free...

no to macho randy.

Jul 12, 05 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

Whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you?!!!

Jul 12, 05 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
geno

i podcast KCRW's 'Morning Becomes Eclectic' with Nick Harcourt.

i'm a nerd.

Jul 12, 05 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
sunburntkamel

i've had an insatiable appetite for new podcasts since i first heard of them.

so far i've been unimpressed, tho. NPR doesn't seem to allow any.

the only one i've really enjoyed is violet blue

loveline hasn't updated in weeks, most of the tech/nerdy ones are hosted by 12 year olds in their basement. dawn and drew was decent, but it couldn't keep my attention.

Jul 12, 05 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy

Check out my friends Ushka and Evgeny.. for stuff you aint heard before. They have a whole bunch of podcasts up, look around on the site.

Live und Direkt

Jul 12, 05 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
Ludwig

With the new itunes 4.9 it is easier than ever to subscribe to podcasts also check out http://odeo.com/ if you are thinking of creating your own podcasts.
I am totally hooked into this I'll give you my present list:

How To Do Stuff
Chasing Lance at the Tour
Digital Flotsam great story telling
Kobe Beef japanese podcast, learn bad words in japanese.
PJK Podcast techie stuff
Reel Reviews Radio dvd reviews
The Word Nerds
Caribbean free radio

Yeah, Dawn and Drew are funny and the Catholic insider was really interesting during the new pope election days.

By the way you dont need an ipod to listen to these shows any mp3 player will do and also a media player in your computer of course.
there you go.

Jul 12, 05 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
liberaceisdead

Ahem...podcast this.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=banish

Jul 12, 05 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

liberace... exactly how can you stream audio to an ipod?

quote from linked page

Podcast: Someone had the revolutionary idea of taking a compressed audio file and putting it online. Yeah, doesn't sound so sexy when I describe it for what it is, does it you morons? It would have been a great idea if streaming audio wasn't already around for over a decade before the word "podcast" entered the lexicon. Man, I can't stand the word "lexicon." Talking about all these shitty words has made me start using shitty words. I'm so pissed, I just slammed the door shut on some kid's nuts.

Jul 12, 05 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
booski

ask yoshio taniguchi for a dance, here's a neato podcast in progress:

"Art Mobs to Remix MoMA (With Your Help)"

podcasting as hijacking, diy audio tours of the "for the people by the people (who can afford ipods)" variety.

Jul 12, 05 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
Crumpets

Does anyone know a decent new age/ambient podcast? I like listening to this PRI show called Echoes, but they only podcast interviews. Looking for similar music. Thanks.

Jul 12, 05 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

You must get the Z100 prank calls from itunes. Some of the funniest prank calls I've ever heard, it's almost all on Brooklyn and Staten Island Italians.

Jul 12, 05 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
jitter12

the tech ones i like:

TWIT (the old Screensavers crew)
Diggnation
Geek News Central (kind of lame)
MacCast(for mac geeks)

Others:
Geek Fu Action Grip
Dawn & Drew

Screw Adam Curry

Jul 13, 05 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

Design and Architecture on KCRW

If you have Itunes just do a search for Architecture in the podcast directory listing in the Store and it will come up.

Jul 13, 05 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

jason, i tried that one and was horribly dissapointed...

Jul 13, 05 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
chupacabra

go to their site, they have many more shows that are not bad at all.

It was just the only podcast I could find on anything architecture or design related.

Jul 13, 05 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
nicomachean
BBC - Radio 4
Jul 13, 05 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

yeah thats why i tried it too, i promise to listen again.

Jul 14, 05 9:14 am  · 
 · 
abbazabba's comment has been hidden
abbazabba

3ifs and Others, I'll throw our own podcast into the mix - "The Midnight Charette". It is hosted by Emma Pascal and myself. We are both Architects in NYC. We discuss a many different things, though design and architecture are central topics. It's sometimes serious, sometimes funny and definitely NSFW. Check out our website.

We are on: iTunes Instagram YouTube  SoundCloud Facebook http://www.midnightcharette.com/

The Midnight Charette is a weekly podcast featuring New York architectural designers Bruce Mar and Emma Pascal who share their stories and thoughts about design, people and more.

Episode #001 Introduction, Amenities in the Ofiice, UFC 207, Crappy Judo, Awkward Karate, Eating Horses, House Pets, Having Kids

Episode #002 - Voyeurism and Security, Studio Culture, Digital Art at the Whitney Museum & Virtual Reality, Rendering & New Technology in Design

Episode #003 - Jello Shots, Partying, Architecture School in France, Student Internships, Design

Episode #004 - "Ching Chong Ling Long", Chinese in Colleges, Youtubers, Makeup 'Artists', Fashion Designers, Fake Hype, Leaving Offices

Episode #005 "Ching Chong Ling Long", Chinese in Colleges, Youtubers, Makeup 'Artists', Fashion Designers, Fake Hype, Leaving Offices

Episode #006 - Easter, Meditation for Vacation, United Airlines, Security Guards, Fat People, Weirdos on the Subway, Sexism, Ageism and Racism in Offices, Drinking Too Much Water, Blue Cheese & Nutella

Episode #007 - DNA Ethnicity Testing, Fit Bits, Selfie Drones, Fashionable People, Googleplex, Apple's New Campus, Self-Driving Cars, Architecture, Urban Design

Episode #008 - Bathroom Etiquette, Blondes in China, Traveling, Aliens, Glamping, Amazon Echo, Customer Service, Superheros, Bees, Beyonce

Episode #009 - Part 1 - Cinco de Mayo, Dating Apps, Facebook, Augmented Reality, Mobile Technology, Dogs & Hedgehogs, Urban Farming, Architecture Trends, Project Critiques: Mashambas Skyscraper | Instant City:Living Air-Right

May 11, 17 1:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: