Archinect
anchor

Tattoo of Ronchamp on my shoulder

David Cuthbert

I'm thinking of getting the park side elevation of the chapel at Ronchamp tattooed to my right shoulder blade. Just wondering if anyone else has architectural motifed tattoos on their body. As well would you recommend a different building? Or different view...

Jun 7, 04 10:51 am
tman

just make sure you put either "Corb is my Homie" or "Corb 4 Life"

Jun 7, 04 11:07 am  · 
1  · 
Ddot

I had a history professor who lamented the fact that very few students could accurately draw the floor plan of the Barcelona Pavilion. She thought we should all be able to do it with our eyes closed because it was just that important. I thought the floor plan would be a great tattoo to get. Instead, I keep a small plot of the floor plan at my desk to cheat from. I still can't draw it from memory.

Jun 7, 04 11:09 am  · 
 · 
aKa

vitruvian man is on my back..this might give up my identity though

Jun 7, 04 11:45 am  · 
 · 
design geek-girl

I wanted to have the seagram building tattooed along my spine... but, the spine, literally, being nerve central sounds like a painful place to do that. Also, tattoos are way too much of a commitment for me. And... I'm what some call might call a chicken.

Jun 7, 04 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
mm

For several years now I thought that a figure ground drawing of an urban area would make a very cool tattoo. If I had any deeply emotional connections with a particular neighborhood, I would consider getting a tattoo of the figure ground of the place. However, I've moved around so much recently, I haven't had time to get too attached to any one neighborhood or city to warrant the tattoo.

Additionally, despite my ambivilance about the overall project, I always liked the simple elegance of the figure ground of DPZ's plan for Seaside, Florida and thought it would make a nice tattoo.

Jun 7, 04 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
sos

here is a simple tattoo if you're into minimalism. I know somebody that has a tatoo of the logo of the school of bahaus. It looks like a face more or less.. I would just advise something more simple that you can't regret later on. Also, a symbol or an icon is always better than the full image of what you worship.. you could for instance tattoo Corbu's funny black round glasses...just kidding but anyhow Good luck!

Jun 7, 04 12:46 pm  · 
 · 

did you guys know that Wes Jones , has a square rule and the initials L C tattooed on his forearm ! think about it . another one that i have seen is the golden spiral with the equation for the fibinaci sequence . on the arm of a non architect

Jun 7, 04 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
bryan boyer

There's a student at RISD who has an Eames chair with Eiffel Tower base tattooed on his bicep. It looks better than I would have thought.

Jun 7, 04 1:58 pm  · 
 · 

I think I saw a pic of the Eames chair tattoo in a tattoo magazine about 6 months ago... if thats the one it came out beautifully.

Jun 7, 04 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
architorture

good friend of mine has FLW axon on his arm between wrist and elbow..

Jun 7, 04 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
architorture

looks really nice, and popular with the architecture crowd(a real conversation starter)

Jun 7, 04 3:56 pm  · 
 · 

my boyfriend, Dick Hertz, has the Empire State Building tattooed on his penis. i'm thinking of getting a Holland Tunnel sign for my lower abdomin.

Jun 7, 04 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
geezer

I seriously considered Corbu's Villa Savoye. With red ink for the pilotis!

Jun 7, 04 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

I've been thinking about an exploded interior axon of Villa Mueller.

Jun 7, 04 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
beatmeofficer

lebbeus woods armwork would be interesting.

i have a 8x10 rendition of Picasso's Self and the Monster on my back. it was my first tat and not my last.

Jun 8, 04 12:53 am  · 
 · 
mdler

I have a Zaha tatoo. My left nipple is her mole

Jun 8, 04 1:48 am  · 
 · 
CIIW

i would get down with art nouveau if i had to choose an architectural tattoo. shading would have to be top notch, though.

Jun 8, 04 2:32 am  · 
 · 
db

Corb's modular-man would be cool

Jun 8, 04 8:27 am  · 
 · 
db

whoops...meant modulOr...heh

Jun 8, 04 8:34 am  · 
 · 
jhopkins

this will probably give up my youthful naivity, but i have the barcode to the fountainhead under my lower left rib.

Jun 8, 04 9:48 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

jhopkins - kinda scray yet at the same time kinda cool

Jun 9, 04 8:00 am  · 
 · 
anti

Libsekind's lines from the Jewish Museum in Berlin starting on your back and wrapping around to your chest?

Jun 9, 04 8:14 am  · 
 · 
rls

I've got Corb's Apollo/Medusa sketch as a tatoo on my right shoulder.
I've always thought about the Open Hand on the other......

Someone mentioned that they know someone with a Bauhaus tatoo.... Any chance he works at KPF?

Jun 9, 04 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
Michael Doyle

Uh, any chance the Bauhaus tattoo is for the band rather than the school?

Jun 9, 04 5:20 pm  · 
 · 
gerhard

people, you are out of your mind. someone has corb's apollo/medusa on his shoulder? this is sickness.

Jun 10, 04 11:26 am  · 
 · 
Amandine

friend of mine from undergrad's got Corb's Apollo/Medusa on his chest/upper stomach. Saw Mr Modular tattooed, too. it's a nice and discreet one. the issue is: what scale should it be drawn @.

Jun 10, 04 11:45 am  · 
 · 
anatomical gift

Was it qualude?

Jun 10, 04 11:50 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

Yeah great point

I was thinking 1:100 (since Corb was metric) and I have been thinking if I could find a section through its highest point. If all goes well I'll get La Tourette on my lower back

Jun 10, 04 11:59 am  · 
 · 
duke19_98

Just finished some research on Corb's Dionysus Apollo drawing. Pretty interesting stuff. Has anyone else seen EOM's interpretation of the theory in the book Monographs by James Steele. Much more realistic than Corb's conservative balanced aspirations.

Jun 13, 04 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
Clancy Pearson

Don't do it.

Jun 14, 04 12:08 am  · 
 · 
Clancy Pearson

cause I already did - on the inside.

Jun 14, 04 12:17 am  · 
 · 
cuatro4

a photograf of Corbu paint nude or making egg nude

Jun 15, 04 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i like that picture of corb's naked ass painting. you could make him dance!

Jun 15, 04 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
ryan.keerns

yeah.....i've got the modular man tatttooed to my shoulder

Jun 16, 04 2:25 am  · 
 · 
jamin

I am getting the Salk Institute tattooed on my ass with the fountain running right down the crack

Jun 16, 04 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
betamax

i would like a full body tattoo of myself, slightly askew so that i am always out of focus.

Jul 8, 04 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

full body tattoo slightly askew...that is priceless

myself, i would go for the eagle with the flames and the born to ride covering my back...you know...something the ladies would dig

Jul 8, 04 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

i have ledoux's oikema tatooed on my cock & balls. yes, i'm just that serious about architecture...

May 13, 05 12:38 pm  · 
 · 

Michael Doyle - the Bauhaus school icon/logo and the one for the band are the same. The band didn't just rip off Bowie's 'Ziggy Stardust' and Wiene's Caligari lighting effects, they borrowed just about everything - yet I still think they were brilliant...

And it probably would make a great tattoo. Very simple and enigmatic.

May 13, 05 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

boullé's Newton Centograph would be cool. The section through it would be really neat. Nice and geometric.

May 13, 05 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

a friend of mine has a series of Rodchenko bookmarks as tattoos

May 13, 05 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

not necessarily architectural, but

May 13, 05 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

The barcode seems to be a popular choice....

http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/geek002.html

May 13, 05 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

wow, those molecular structure tatts look pretty interesting . . kind of like a relief effect. Could be useful for arch tatts.

May 13, 05 4:17 pm  · 
 · 

dude, what is wrong with that guy's left arm?

May 13, 05 4:20 pm  · 
 · 

TOO MUCH BLACK IS A BAD THING IN THIS CASE

May 13, 05 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
ieugenei

i was always intrigued by yakuza's tattoos...
maybe if ... maybe if...

May 13, 05 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
ieugenei

like these perhaps..
http://web.telia.com/~u31302275/ya_bild/guy.jpg

May 13, 05 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
randscraper

"full body tattoo slightly askew...that is priceless"

credit steven wright

May 13, 05 11:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: