Archinect
anchor

A Tribute to Per Corell

undership1

A Tribute to Per Corell

An afternoon in some distant August, you sat beside your tearful child removing the stingers carefully, one by one. Curiosity had led him to the overgrown brambles along the fence where he had disturbed a hive. You thought of the injustice and cruelty of nature, to inflict this upon one who had already suffered through so much. That evening, in a rage, you smashed the ghastly hive with a rotting plank, determined to bear its swarming wrath with defiance and dignity. It would not be the last time. With hands already swelling red from venom, you reached into the eye of that furious storm, ripping the hive to shreds. A scrap you kept as a lucky talisman and warning against that which might bring harm to those you love.
A boat builder by trade, you dedicated your life to the beauty of utility. You perfected your craft with hard work and skill, providing for your family through this most noble of pursuits. Had it not been for a chance encounter, you might never have veered from this steady course. That fateful day you walked to the Academy as usual, talisman in hand. The fragment of hive had become crisp and gray, yet its paper-thin structure would not yield under your powerful grip. Lost in this observation, you happened to step into the roadway. You were struck down by a heedless vehicle. For a moment, you could not breathe. It occurred to you then that you had never seen the city like this, looking up while laying in the street. You felt as though you were clinging to the bottom of a great vessel, held fast to it by an invisible force. The buildings on either side seemed to race toward some infinite vanishing point. You lost your bearings and looked to the side, just to regain a hold on the familiar. Beside you, your talisman lay intact. At that moment you received a revelation, a revelation to which you would dedicate your life. There was a new way to build. A way of building which was so elegant in its simplicity, so beautiful in its structure, that you could scarcely believe it had not been thought of before. It was the beginning of 3-D Honeycomb.
And so began the long work of realizing your vision. Conscientious as you were, you decided to give your gift to the world only after it had been fully realized in both method and means. Years were spent in a fervent, single-minded focus. You suffered. There were innumerable obstacles. Yet you persevered until, at last, you were ready to offer the world a new vision, one that would change everything that had come before.
How were you to imagine, then, that they were not yet ready to hear your message? Your simple offering of beauty was met with scorn, distrust, viciousness. They resisted you, these Romans. They mocked you, they spat at you with the venom of their educations, they called you ignorant, an outsider. All the while, they were surreptitiously hording your words like treasure, waiting for the first chance to fashion your precious insights after their own image. Once again, you endured the stinging swarm with integrity and courage. As yet, you retain the hope that you may one day appeal to their better nature, and that your gift will be received with humble gratitude.
Many have come before you who have labored under the weight of originality. Has not their story almost always been one of tragedy? Take heart then, dear Mr. Corell, that while the Great Ones might suffer and toil in their lifetime, History bears witness to their genius.

Apr 15, 05 6:24 pm

amen my brother... amen.

Apr 15, 05 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
LBG

genius, pure genius.

Apr 15, 05 6:31 pm  · 
 · 

is this 'hi all you fancy graphics lovers II'?

thank goodness i won't have to page through that thread anymore...

Apr 15, 05 11:14 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Hi

Nice write-up!

Apr 15, 05 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

That was beautiful, undership1. I shed a tear.

Apr 15, 05 11:26 pm  · 
 · 
TED

Hi

Apr 16, 05 12:00 am  · 
 · 
ABlocha

Hi.
Almost in synch. Aren't we?

Apr 16, 05 12:09 am  · 
 · 
TED

Hi

yeah

Apr 16, 05 12:23 am  · 
 · 
sharpie.

Hi
Is that thread ever gonna stop? I don`t think so.. I hate to admit it, but i like Per`s patience and 'NEVER GIVE UP ATTITUDE'.

A good one undership.

Apr 16, 05 12:59 am  · 
 · 
TED

Hi

Crunchy Ice Cream Balls

Recipe Rating: 5 stars!!
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 4 hr 10 min
Makes: 4 servings, 2 ice cream balls each

1 pt. (2 cups) vanilla ice cream
2 cups POST HONEYCOMB Sweetened Corn and Oat Cereal or POST Cocoa or Fruity PEBBLES Cereal, lightly crushed

SCOOP ice cream into 8 balls; roll in cereal until evenly coated.
WRAP individually in plastic wrap.
FREEZE 4 hours or until ready to serve. Store in freezer.

[NB: recipe already nominated for 2006 MvdR Award!!]

Apr 16, 05 1:00 am  · 
 · 
ABlocha

Yummy!

Apr 16, 05 1:14 am  · 
 · 
siggers

Has Per died or something?

Apr 16, 05 12:01 pm  · 
 · 
inkwray

That was hilarious

Apr 16, 05 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
e

per, did you help out with the serpentine? it's got your name all over it.

Apr 16, 05 1:00 pm  · 
 · 

no, because Per's system is turned at a 45 degree angle, thats what makes his system different!

silly Romans...

Apr 16, 05 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
batiment

i know you guys are just having fun, but its not very nice. let him have his interests. i know he asked for comments, but at some point it needs to be dropped. there's no need for making up whole discussions to ridicule him.

Apr 16, 05 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
garpike
but at some point it needs to be dropped.

Good advice.

May 3, 07 9:11 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

anyone ever make the connection -

on how the two guys i know of that use lamella arches also have very similar names. who ripped of who, who made who, who made you?!

May 3, 07 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

daaaa......daaa..thoughts escape me....

May 3, 07 11:21 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

The Ballad of Per Corell(sung to the classic tune "the ballad of the Green Berets.)

On archinect you'll find his posts
a Fearless man who some would roast
you know who i mean, if you couldn't tell
This brave man name per corell

3d-h is his thing
come along under his wing
One hundred men will try today
But only three will understand a word he'll say.

Trained to design boats and such
3d-h is much too much.
he kills the brick and kills it well
Courage deep, from Per corell

3d-h is his thing
come along under his wing
One hundred men will try today
But only three will understand a word he'll say.

Back in denmark a young wife waits
Per Corell has met his fate
He gave himself for all the rest
so grant him this his last request

Teach my son 3d-h
raise him strong and to be great
Make him a designer and teach him to tell
The ballad of Per Corell.

May 3, 07 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

It's as simple as this ; "Give me my name back" -- You'll see.

May 5, 07 6:28 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I often exchouse my early 3D-H structures by the fact, that they often are shells that is sectioned ,to bring the actural building frames what make the basic structure of any building. My main problem with these early renderings are, that they don't show the exiting way this system solve structural problems ; you be stunned when you realise that the wall supports are in the exact right place , you suddenly realise how valuable the side effects are -- it's like a helping hand offering you design details you newer thought of , before they suddenly show in the rendering aid you by leaving exactly the structural entities you othervise and with other systems now had to add ; --- So most of these early examples show a very limited structure --- the house as an outher shell replaced with that framework that form the exact shape .

But you must understand , that my problem with these simple structures exactly are, that they don't show how floors and walls sort of "grow" while the framework is assembled and how trivial structural problems like explained above, show their own solution with this system ------ now with the next picture please remember, that nip-pick pedants will newer realise how enginous it is when a wall as by magic suddenly will just grow ,without anyone raising the wall it will be just there, FORGET that the lattrice could be less heavy as if you can't understand how unique this is and only say " this is to heavy it will not work" , then you missed an obvious valuable side effect ; how floors and walls as by magic just grow ---

AGAIN -- YES there are to many frames , but that is NOT the issue.

Now architects and architecture critics alike , often see the building as just the first impression, the outher shell , the spetadular surface display ------ I don't, I reconise the structure as whole, each detail the structural logic and the obvious profit of a new way to build a structure , ------ Emagine that this structure to, is a plain 3D-H where the floors build themself, the walls will be just there where the system offer you the gurantie and the cutting edge no copycat even yet realised.

May 5, 07 7:50 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

And then this ;

Who would think that what to look for, is that tiny foult just seen at the top --- how even a foult will still bring the exact structure , but at the same time when you know why, how this also allow you to place the vertical supports in the exact right places bringing unemagined detail.

But also full-size blueprints ;

And this is also just a shell ;

Just one end of an ever changing form

May 5, 07 8:13 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Year 1997.

May 5, 07 8:15 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

circa 1940

May 5, 07 8:30 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Once again --- this is not a 3D-H .

May 5, 07 9:18 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

It is a CONCRETE building, where the beams are cast up there where they are . The beams is not manufactored , cast, and then placed like you would do with a 3D-H

---- there would be many good resons to build such form as a 3D-H but a 3D-H would Newer look like this ; Stourley if you mean this is a 3D-H I am sorry to say that you didn't do your homework : Maybe you don't understand 3D-H , what it is and how it work , maybe you just want to "protect" some old saur men, who on one hand find it allright to rob and hate the computer to the degree that any mean is allowed --- now I don't know please drop a few words and I will explain --- but not if you uncover yourself.

May 5, 07 9:34 am  · 
 · 
apocalipstick

how to find his HILARIOUS video???????? can u post the link?

Aug 28, 07 8:07 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

There among these

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=percorell

But don't forget these ,both sites share video's ;

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/percorell/

Aug 28, 07 9:40 am  · 
 · 
207moak

Someday Per-bashing may also bore the rest of you.
Where's the fat kid with glasses from eighth grade - he's probablly feeling neglected right now.

Aug 28, 07 10:50 am  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

with a little rendering help, this idea could create an interesting set of images that better illustrate the spacial qualities present. Thus furthering the conversation from structural supremacy to artistic diffusion of light and space.

Aug 28, 07 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

that guy sucks

Aug 28, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
simples

Hi

I don't think this post was started to ridicule anyone, but to serve as a tribute to Per's tenacity.

I wish Per would build a boat shed employing his 3d-H methodology. Keep a diary of the process, documenting costs in comparison to standard construction, posting construction images, and finally documenting the built work.

Aug 28, 07 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
apocalipstick

PerCorell

Total Entries: 11
Total Comments: 1316

08/28/07 6:40
There among these

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=percorell

But don't forget these ,both sites share video's ;

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/percorell/

what do you mean by 'share videos'?

Sep 2, 07 8:26 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Sorry --- but this is Imageshack that I sometimes forget is not Youtube, --- now there are no system as such in my uploads, I upload what I catch with my digital camera , and these day's it is experiments to make skrtching from projected pictures better --- I will publish my findings as I am on trace of a new way to stencil projected pictures, in fact what you see in these uploads are not projected faces , they are painted, but I realised a new way to do just that, a way I newer heard about, but that already work there, at the Silver Screen Galleri.
Sorry about the confusion It is just me who forget that Imageshack is not Youtube --- but sometimes one is easier to reach then the other.

Sep 2, 07 8:44 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

It is images like this, ----- now these are maybe just some of the first tests , but things evolve and suddenly there are a brand new way to do these stencil grafitti things.

Guess there still are an audience here, but if not, there are hundreds of people passing the galleri every day.

Sep 2, 07 9:10 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

hey per corell- i was drinking heavily in dallas last week and stumbled through an alley way at aproximately 2:30 in the morning when i glanced at what seemed to be some sort of painting of some person on the side of a barbershop's exterior concrete wall, then decided to snap a photograph with my telecommunications device. hope you likey de picture.

Dec 18, 08 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

oh i had forgotten my ballad of per correll tribute. its quite excellent i must say.

Dec 19, 08 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Is that a youthful picture of lee harvey oswald?

Dec 19, 08 5:32 pm  · 
 · 
aspect
Dec 19, 08 9:37 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

I doubt aspect that this method will rest, --- tell me one reson why the only method that go strait from projectd building to manufactored building part ,building a structure from only one material, compared the tradisional methods where a house consist of hundreds of different bits and pieces shuld be put to rest ?

As I said before, it tell a lot about architecture when mud throwing and stealing brilliant idears are accepted as the norm. But reading this tread, and the various many others, where a naive guy just want to share a great new idea, -- an idea many has allready tried copy with more or less skill, some even without any, --- do tell a lot about what stage architecture is in.

Now all kinds of people write here, even retired plumbers and those who can't stand that someone are capable of artistic thinking or even well documented innovative thinking -- and for them it's only about harming the guy, putting themself in the spotlight as the most slimy usenet noone, for that all you need is a crowd of underdogs and no clue whatsoever , about what you talk about, .... but you don't need to be an architect, to join this nasty crowding together ; when first the most jeloux wannabe permit you to harras this nice guy, who only published his building method a few weeks after NASA suggested it for building "small commersial and sports planes, you see next week the same dumm heads will praise frensh aeroplane design software, even there they don't know abything either, except praising their fuhrer.

You see 3dh is progressing, so many has seen it and know it --- as soon someone start using it with a bit more skill than the sad fast robbery wee seen shortly after I published it, then there are a chance for a new architecture. --- Realy in all these posts, what's been uncovered is not any failiour in 3dh but a stinking pond of jeloxy and stupidity.

Dec 20, 08 3:35 am  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

blackharp don't mistake a fast stensil for the paintings I make, there are none of the detail in stensil, that detail that make even 10 "simular" faces into 10 compleetly different expressions, --- think about how easy it was in the old day's ; even a borrowed foto of Marilyn Monbro , that came out of the offset press with wrong colors, even green hair, --- a picture directly copied into offset press sheets and foult printed asking no artists hands, sell heavily. My paintings is not stensil, as I find the method restricting and there are not the same oppotunity to make each one unique, as with a hand painted piece, like this ;

Realy I think american architects are stuck with a bunch of dinosaur hero's -- hero's who even braged about their ignorance and unvillingness to enter the digital wonders ; untill some underdog with a bit drive and very little moral, copied and pasted examples like 3dh.
--- Just that silli thing about "throwing a sketch" ; who the hell can respect a designer who fear the digital options and yet want to steal the bread from the mouth of those, who master them.

Dec 20, 08 3:53 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

you're funny

Jan 17, 09 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

You are welcome to look at my other paintings at ArtWanted ;

Opposite what you see advertised these day's. it is not a foto printed onto canvas, but painted, Acrylics on Canvas, looks nice btw, and people are crasy about it: --- do you find that funny to ?

Jan 17, 09 8:25 pm  · 
 · 
Per--Corell

Nor don't tell me, that you are one of those who instantly see a misspelled word, but are blind to pictures.

Jan 17, 09 8:27 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

All my paintings are alsp big-stencils, in fact the size you want, but a standard of 70X100 Cm. are good for wall paintings. It is easy to paint a wallpainting yourself with my stencils, this is a different way to get images on the wall than tradisional oil paintings, but in 20 years, a new image made with my stencil will again create an image.  -- that way you can "take the wallpainting with you, simply paint it over and spray paint it with the airbrush I give free, onto new walls, and experience a new aproach towerds that of having images on the wall.

All my paintings in my FaceBook profile, where my paintings are dispayed, can be ordered as wallpainting stencils. I even painted a simple 3dh structure, 

From this rendering of a 3d framework model 

At the time I love Rubens for the honesty compared today's refined expression

Just think about it, a "building mass", a computergenerated building core, that allow you to shape and design a wonder. Just everything you can model with 3D solids, --- the building core assembly, automatic manufactored, that is the idea with 3dh, 

Ontop the building core, the structure that shape what you designed, are light weight, super strong, invite to more develobment and easy design of new materials. Everything by the press of a button -- at a third the cost and projected with 3D programs. Acting in a complete different way, than tradisional architect programs, this bring the actural building part that together with the other, will shape the structure.

Still why should I not paint, even I promote 3dh ?

F.s. Take StreetArt indore, these are the same techikes I use in my streetArt, just on a wall not a fence ;

Dec 31, 12 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
TED

Hi

Dec 31, 12 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

"Nymphs crowding"

"Hurra for Beauty" , latest pieces.

Nov 28, 14 5:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: