Archinect
anchor

help me decide :/

trishyboo

Im from jamaica and looking to pursue a career in architecture.. Im looking to attend a university in Missouri or illinois... Which is the best school that is not private to pursue a bachelors in architecture in Missouri and illinois?  

Plus i have done some intense research and all are saying dont do architecture because of the money you put in and not enough to get with the end result of a bachelors... And yes i know there are branching careers that i can get with a bachelors but i don't want to do them forever... Soo ive also looked at architect engineering and realised it mostly requires just a bachelors ...is it good to get a bachelors in architect engineering ( does this include both drawing and creating models while still doing the technical prt of engineering??  Im still puzzled if its just about the supporting systems of the building) and use it to continue and be a architect in the later future when i have enough money to do a masters?? 

Jul 31, 17 12:51 am
randomised

"i have done some intense research"

And yet you have to ask complete strangers possible/y? life changing questions. I'd do some more intense research if I were you.

Jul 31, 17 1:30 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

An engineering degree will tend to lead you toward the nuts-and-bolts side of building, while an architecture degree will lead you toward the design and aesthetic side.  Engineering will pay better, but (depending on your interests) won't be as exciting.  Architecture (depending on the niche you occupy) will possibly be more exciting, but won't pay worth a damn.  There's no right or wrong answer.  It's a giant trade-off, as are most things in life.

BTW, why are you limited to Illinois or Missouri?

Jul 31, 17 7:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: