Archinect
anchor

Help finding good B.Arch programs

eck8

I am an incoming senior at high school who is looking into applying to many architecture schools. I was hoping the community would be able to give me some recommendations of schools with my stats and ECs. 

ACADEMIC
-GPA:3.45
-ACT: 29 (31 super-score)
-taken a variety of courses including 4 years of symphonic band and 4 years of Spanish. Lots of student journalism (3 years).
-will have presidents award by the end of the summer from community service

PROFESSIONAL
-Currently partaking in an internship at a local commercial firm. 
-Leadership and professional skills from being an editor in chief of my school newspaper (prestigious top high school newspaper)
-Participated in local chapter of ACE mentor program (Architecture, Construction, Engineering)

PERSONAL
-17 year old male of Hispanic origin
-Enjoy playing music, drawing and playing sports (tennis and soccer)
-Favorite medium is a fine black felt pen on a moleskin sketchbook. I am working on building a portfolio full of drawings and origami as well. 

I can elaborate or add more information that is requested. Thanks in advance!

Jul 25, 17 6:44 pm
archinine
Ignore prestige avoid debt. Follow the school that offers you $$$ in a low cost city, preferably a scenario where you can live at home for free.
Jul 25, 17 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
Ge70

Hello. Incoming senior high school. Would like to know if Virginia Tech is a good school for Architecture. Are there any recent graduates here who can give me some useful information?

Also considering Syracuse, Pratt and Risd.

Which one would be the best choice among all? I understand that Pratt and RISD are both design schools. Vtech is a stem school. Syracuse a party school.

Thanks

Jul 27, 17 2:03 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Go with the party school. University is not about learn anyways.

Jul 27, 17 7:40 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Virginia Tech will do just fine. I went there and turned out ok............

Jul 27, 17 7:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: