Archinect
anchor

How to raise this roof with a slight slope?

Aqua123

Hello

I need to build a room on top of a building. This building is from the  1950 (not that it really matter), It has a wooden construction and the roof is slightly slope..So my question, how can I raise the construction so I can have a flat floor on top? 

I though about a raised floor, but the beams will be from different sizes (ofcourse) but will it be still stable so people can walk around etc? And How can I connect it with the construction of the existing small building? 

We can not replace the construction of the existing building. We can only make  a hole foor the stairs..

Below an image of the construction en like you see it goes down a little. 
But on top I have to build another room: like a parasite...Please help me 

Jul 14, 17 4:24 am
randomised

Easy:

Jul 14, 17 5:07 am  · 
 · 
Aqua123

?

Jul 14, 17 9:56 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Just fold some beer coasters until the floor is leveled. Easy.

Jul 14, 17 10:24 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Sorry Aqua, you failed.

Jul 14, 17 10:52 am  · 
 · 
poop876

I would advise to hire an architect and not seek free advise on a forum.

Jul 14, 17 7:59 am  · 
 · 
Aqua123

I thought this is an architectural forum, I guess I was wrong?

Jul 14, 17 9:56 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

it's not a place for cheapskates to get free advice. What you're asking costs money... hire someone and pay them for the work

Jul 14, 17 10:24 am  · 
 · 
poop876

It is an architectural forum, and you have an abundance of knowledgeable professionals that do this for living and should be compensated appropriately. There is a lot more that goes into advising how to slope a roof (spans, loads, existing structure etc. etc.) and a drawing that I have no idea what shows does not help. It takes time to analyze all the components for the problem, and solving those problems is not free.

Jul 14, 17 10:31 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Poop, I think this one is a student...

Jul 14, 17 10:35 am  · 
 · 
poop876

Well fuck it then! Whatever happened solving problems with an professor?

Jul 14, 17 10:37 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Don't worry, it's just another lazy student that won't be coming for your job any time soon. School today is like the best job security it seems.

Jul 14, 17 10:39 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Sure, any house can just absorb an additional floor.  Why stop there, from that drawing, I can easily see 2, maybe 2+ mezzanine, additional levels.

Jul 14, 17 8:15 am  · 
 · 

"like a parasite"

Exactly.

Jul 14, 17 10:11 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy yay

Jul 14, 17 11:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: