Archinect
anchor

M Arch I

Hi, I graduate UCLA undergrad with B.A. in Architectural Studies,
which is really small in size but strong in program (that's what UCLA AUD professors and other graduate admissions think...)

I will apply for grad this year so will attend Fall 2018.

Currently, I am working as a junior designer for an architectural firm. Small but strong, in my opinion. I started working at this company last August, so 1-year professional experience and 2-year when I start studying at any grad school next year.

I need your help making my calendar tied well together for graduate program preparation.
I had LEED Green Associate exam passed in June 2017,
and I have GRE Exam in late September 2017.
I think after GRE exam I think I need to work on portfolio mainly, and essays, and of course, recommendation letters. 

So far those are set schedule, and I know most grad school (M. Arch I) have mid-December to early-January deadlines. And I would like to ask you wise comments or thoughts about setting up short-term goals and mid-term goals. And some advice on the programs is much appreciated. I do not know many programs yet.

My GPA is 3.4 overall and 3.8 for Architectural Studies major only.
My desired GRE score is about 160+ for both quant. and verbal (haha..).
And my residency is in California, and I hold Green Card.
So I was hoping to apply for UCLA, UC Berkeley, Rice, and Michigan and some east-coast schools including Ivy Leagues.

Thank you!

Jul 10, 17 3:32 pm
tduds

It's never too early to be working on your portfolio.

Your GPA/GRE are fine, but high quantitative marks alone are not going to get you into grad school. You need a good portfolio & a good statement. 

Design school isn't about getting A's, it's about working with a purpose. Make sure you have a purpose in mind when you put together your application materials.

Think about why you're applying to the places you're applying to. If you don't have a compelling reason, cross those places off your list. Prestige is not a compelling reason.

Good luck!

Jul 10, 17 4:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: