Archinect
anchor

die angewandte -Vienna- which studio Sejima/Lynn/Rashid ?

pietropec

has anyone gone to the University of Applied Arts Vienna and can share some recommendation  regarding their admission process (portfolio-interview)?

Now seems there is an interview and portfolio revision in order to attend their  MArch but I am wondering which factors will be positively evaluated...  do you have any advise and opinion about the charachteristics each Professor is looking in a possible new student ?

in any case seems a terrific Master,do you think so too?

Jul 6, 17 11:56 am
starrchitect

Rashid-LOL. Haven't heard that name in about a decade. Is he still designing juice blenders?

Jul 7, 17 10:29 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

Oh you mean the product  designer that thinks he can do what an architect does? lol

Jul 7, 17 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

I think that's his brother, although some of Hani Rashid/Asymptote projects look like juice blenders hahaha

Jul 11, 17 5:15 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

^ lol juice blenders.   Just go with Sejima.. She's got the Pritzker.  Lynn, does he even build? 

Jul 7, 17 11:27 am  · 
 · 
pietropec

well, thanks for sharing 

Jul 10, 17 8:18 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

No problem

Jul 10, 17 8:25 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

My friend studied with Sejima and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Jul 10, 17 9:11 am  · 
 · 
pietropec

​thanks archiwutm8

Jul 10, 17 10:07 am  · 
 · 
pietropec

I  have nothing against Studio Rashid, but it seems they are really interested in the design itself and in kickass renders, so at present they are not what I am looking for... the interesting choice would be between the Pritzker Prize Sejima or the more theoretical G.Lynn ,he has built some projects but maybe more importantly he grows a generation of Architects that will have a precise, unconventional style

Jul 10, 17 10:12 am  · 
 · 
ilovearchitecture

Are they going to be there regularly for the students though?

Jul 10, 17 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
pietropec

I don't know, but is a good question!:) I think they are quite busy

Jul 11, 17 5:09 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

They're there for crits and once in a while to teach. You'll have your own tutors.

Jul 11, 17 9:16 am  · 
 · 
l3wis

greg lynn taught at my school and i didn't hear any good things. he seemed pretty distant but it was an east coast school. i've also seen sejima speak twice and the dialogue in english isn't very fluent. so i wouldn't expect dynamic conversations with her, more like looking at models and drawings together and hearing her thoughts. 

i wouldn't make your decision to attend based on these names.

Jul 12, 17 11:09 am  · 
 · 
ilovearchitecture

I think their names are there as an advertisement trick. 

Look at their studio works and decide based on that.

http://studio-sejima-vienna.co...

www.studiolynn.at/

www.studio-hani-rashid.at/

Jul 12, 17 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
pietropec

Thanks for your suggestions

Jul 13, 17 7:15 am  · 
 · 
Eras.H

Hi I am admitted to Lynn studio and will start my first semester this year. My reasons of choice are based mostly on their tutors/professors and work produced and cheap expense. The big names come rarely, for crits and important lectures only. So I would as well suggest checking their website to look into their work and brief intro which is the core of Lynn/sejima's thing king and theories. Bollinger is a great professor for structure and Kwinter a well-known theorist (definitely smart but hard to understand...).

I choose Lynn because his brief framework is quite work in parallel to my master's goal to explore into the theory of advanced architecture/cybernetic, etc. Lynn produced amazing theory and research contribution for sure. Am not sure about lecturing and tutor. I didn't choose Sejima because of her lack of theory establishment and English ability. She works in a way quite like Japanese architect which kind of neglecting critical thinking and arguments( personal thought). Pls correct me if wrong.

Jul 17, 17 11:09 am  · 
 · 
aryes

Dear,

Maybe it is too late to write but i am planning to apply to Greg Lynn Studio. I wanted to know about your experience at the studio and what were the requirements on terms of design and the usual questions asked the interview to be accepted

Thank you 

Jan 28, 20 4:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: