Archinect
anchor

Masters in Architecture for a structural engineer

smrithi9009

I would like to know about my chances of getting into Masters program for Architecture in Universities of US and Europe. 

I am currently living in India. I am a practicing Structural Engineer with a Masters degree in Structural Engineering and a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering. 

Thanks

Smrithi

Jun 28, 17 11:06 am
archietechie

I'd like to know my chances of getting into NASA.

I'm currently living in the States. I am a practicing Architect with a bachelors degree in Architecture.

Thanks

Archie

Jun 28, 17 11:29 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

There are a few engineers that transition in easily, I don't see why you would. Structural engineering must be more well paid, fun and overall not as shitty.

Jun 29, 17 4:50 am  · 
 · 
smrithi9009

@archiwutm8 You're right..I enjoy my work as a Structural Engineer. Recently I got to work on a few projects based on sustainable architecture. I found it really interesting and would like to orient my career focusing on sustainability. I think it would be a worthy investment of my time. I would like to get suggestions regarding the kind of Schools I should be looking at and how I should shape my portfolio as I do not have a background in Architecture.

Thank you for your time!

Jun 29, 17 5:20 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

The thing is, you don't exactly need experience in architecture for your portfolio. Most universities want a mix of things, just have one project with more "architecture" based plans, sections and narrative. I've recently met someone who was a chartered architect, structural engineer and surveyor. He preferred his engineer and surveyor side of things in terms of work life balance.

Jun 29, 17 8:05 am  · 
 · 
smrithi9009

Thanks a lot for the comments about portfolio. I don't know if I'll make it to any of the grad schools. But I'm sure I'll enjoy the whole experience leading up to it..:)

Jun 29, 17 12:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: