Archinect
anchor

LEED CEUs

curtkram

Can anyone recommend a good place to watch a few webinars or whatever and get my 6 hours of LEED BD+C CEUs for free? 

Thanks

Jun 28, 17 10:22 am
Bloopox

USGBC's website makes it difficult to sort for the free courses, but you can find the free ones that count toward the 6 LEED-specific hours if you're persistent.  Go to www.usgbc.org, click Education, Continuing Ed, then in the Filters go to Continuing Ed and select the rating system for which you're accredited, then keep scrolling down to find the free ones.  My recollection is that there are several Trane courses, one or two Kohler, and at least 2 about central vacuum systems that meet the LEED-specific requirements for BD+C.  You have to find the ones that specifically show the BD+C icon.  If they just show the USGBC icon they'll count toward the other 24 general credits, but not toward the 6 LEED-specific ones.

For my first 2-year period I was able to find enough LEED-specific credits to meet all the requirements for free, but by the 2nd there weren't enough that I hadn't taken already so I've ended up having to pay for some hours.

You can also meet the LEED-specific credits by working on registered LEED projects.

Jun 28, 17 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

http://www.hanleywooduniversit...

Seem to be some free ones there.

Jun 28, 17 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
Bloopox

There are a few there that do meet the LEED-specific credits for BD+C. Make sure to use the ones that say the name of the specialty. The problem is that the vast majority of the Hanley Wood, McGraw Hill, and other CEU providers' offerings just provide "general" USGBC credits.  Those aren't hard to get, and in fact you can report pretty much anything with a sustainable theme, even if it's not specifically USGBC-listed, and USGBC will accept it toward the 24 required general credits.  The hard ones to get are the 6 "LEED specific" credits, which have to include the logo of the specialty for which you're accredited (such as BD+C).

The continuing ed requirements are 6 LEED-specific + 24 general credits for every 2-year renewal period after the first.

Jun 28, 17 2:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: