Archinect
anchor

Where can I get floor plans of real projects ?

Zeydess

Hi,

I'm searching floor plans of real architecture projects, like those on archdaily. Is there a website where I can get this, it is for a student purpose.

Thanks a lot

Jun 22, 17 5:46 am
Non Sequitur
Google... or the library.
Jun 22, 17 6:04 am  · 
 · 
Zeydess

Library ? How can I get architecture plans in a library ?

Jun 22, 17 6:13 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

have you been to one before? they usually have books, sometimes on the topic you are interested in. they even have people who work there with advanced degrees in organizing information

Jun 22, 17 7:24 am  · 
 · 
Zeydess

Maybe I didn't explain well what I'm searching for. I'm in an interior design school and they ask us to have plans of real places in order to create a new project and a new purpose for the place. I just need plans and maybe photos of the building, what can I search on Google ? 

Jun 22, 17 6:24 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Richard Balkins (in)famously uses drones and skewed photographs. Maybe that's the route for you but it only works if you're turning an old laundry facility into a fiery death trap of a theatre.

Jun 22, 17 9:58 am  · 
 · 
tduds

Does your school have an architecture department? Go ask them to draw something up.

Jun 22, 17 11:00 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

arch. record, architect, dwell, etc. usually have floor plans of the featured project.  did you look?

this only reinforces the opinion most architects have of interior designers

Jun 22, 17 7:22 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Yep, also why int des should be a weekend course with no professional liability. Damn kids these days are so lazy.

Zey, go to the library and search through the journals. They likely have a few subscriptions with back entries. These normally will contain techno al drawings you can scan. Job done, now you can go back to picking textile patterns.

Searching for building X floor plan in google also helps since most well known works have wiki pages with drawings.

I weep for the future. At least I know no one is coming for my job any time soon.
Jun 22, 17 7:40 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I haz all your planz.

Jun 22, 17 9:12 am  · 
 · 

Why don't you measure and draw up plans yourself? Or is that beyond the scope of an inferior design education?

Jun 22, 17 9:14 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

But where does one get paper and pencils Miles? Do they sell different types for walls, for doors, for furniture? Can I use different colours of does everything need to be the same shade of gray? Can I use sharpies instead since my parents don't let me handle sharp objects or pencil sharpeners?

Jun 22, 17 9:56 am  · 
 · 

Paper and pencils ... what's that?

Jun 22, 17 10:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: