Archinect
anchor

Need help for MArch desperately

chungming方

I am a junior student major in civil engineering (structural engineering area) in China. After three years' study in civil engineering, I find it boring and empirical. I do not want to live without creativity and challenge. So after careful consideration, I decide to prepare for MArch I programs abroad. 

Since I have just made up my mind, I really do not know how to make my portfolio. Some people encourage me to go to summer workshops, have a internship, participate in some competitions or just take architectural classes. And I am trying all of them.

Owing to my study experience in the past, I have a general knowledge of some software such as Photoshop, SketchUp, AutoCAD and ArcGis. And I have also taken an elective class - public art design in the first year of my college.But I am not good at drawing and painting.

What I care about most is the differences between the portfolio of MArchI and MArchII. Since I plan to apply for the former one, it means I do not need to make a architectural design in my portfolio,right? If right, is it enough for me to just use my photography and public art design knowledge to make my portfolio? Is there any book or video for me to learn what is a good design and how to make one?(I use Pinterest and Issuu everyday but it does not improve my design ability cause I do not really know what I should learn from those photos) 

Thank you for reading, I will be very grateful if anyone could help me.

Jun 21, 17 8:49 am
archietechie

http://archinect.com/forum/thr...

You're not suppose to use those platforms to "improve" your design abilities but gain inspiration from them. You wanted to know the difference between M.Arch II & I programme portfolios, I've answered that in your other thread above.

Jun 21, 17 11:14 am  · 
 · 
chungming方

Thank you so much for helping me twice! What I am confused is even if I have gained inspiration from issuu, there is only a idea in my mind, what I can do is to draw it . Do you think '

Jun 21, 17 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
chungming方

design' is just coming up with a great idea and then show it through drawing, painting and modeling? If so, I just need to have a good idea and learn Vary, Rhino and PS, right? Do I need to read many classical books?

Jun 21, 17 12:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: