Archinect
anchor

US licensed architects in Jordan?

manalshawish

Hi

I currently live in Seattle Washington, working for an architecture firm while pursuing my WA state architecture license. I might be moving to Jordan around the end of this summer and I'm wondering if anyone knows of US licensed architects in Jordan that I can work with in order to continue my licensing process.

Any advice, suggestions will be appreciated 

Thank you 
Manal

Jun 11, 17 6:06 pm
s=r*(theta)

do you need a license in Jordan?

Jun 13, 17 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
manalshawish1

Yes, but my questions was about working toward my WA State license while in Jordan.

Jun 14, 17 4:57 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

Contact NCARB, www.ncarb.com

Jun 16, 17 9:01 am  · 
 · 

I don't think the OP is asking about getting a license in Jordan. I think the OP is asking about working under an architect, licensed in a US jurisdiction, over in Jordan so they can continue logging AXP hours and working toward their license in WA. 

Jun 13, 17 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
manalshawish1

Thank you, that's exactly what I meant.

Jun 14, 17 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
manalshawish1

My decision is due to personal circumstances and has nothing to do with the president.

Jun 14, 17 5:00 pm  · 
 · 

Rick, DJT is narcissistic enough all by himself. You don't need to feed into it and make everything about him.

manalshawish1, take whatever trips you want for whatever reasons you want. Sorry I don't know anyone in Jordan to help you out.

Jun 14, 17 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
A.I.

Check out a company called AE7.  They're an architecture firm headquartered in Dubai, with branches in Amman and other cities around the world, founded by ex-principals of Burt Hill's former Dubai office.  Burt Hill was acquired by Stantec around the same time their Dubai office fell apart during the recession (and when I'm assuming its former principals founded AE7).

Anyway, I know they have an active office in Amman, Jordan. Most of the founding principals are Pennsylvania licensed Architects and I'm sure you could get your AxP hours registered through them.  

It also looks like they've opened up a new branch-office in Pittsburgh recently, maybe the partners are looking to do work in their home state again?  

Their website seems to be down right now, but they might be your best shot at getting hours logged while living/working in Amman.

Jun 15, 17 4:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: