Archinect
anchor

BIG Ideas Internship in Copenhagen

chelschiuyl

Hi! I am a product design graduate and have been offered a internship by BIG copenhagen office.

Has anyone worked in there, or know any industrial design students who have worked for BIG, and can share some details about the internship(e.g. working hours, atmosphere, project style etc.)? More importantly, although they gave me the offer, is that in fact a bit pointless for a industrial design student to take this internship?

This sounds slightly subtle as I am actually focusing on industrial design , but it seems easier to find people who have worked there in this forum xD Thanks!

Jun 6, 17 1:13 pm
archietechie

Industrial - No.
Architecture - Yes (search forum's post)

Working hours are going to be crazy and I'll bet it's going to be a stressful atmosphere pretty much.

As for your purpose there, not pointless if it reflects well on your CV. Big dk's probably venturing into the immortalized Zaha territory of designing anything and everything. See his netflix episode for more insight.

Jun 6, 17 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

>is that in fact a bit pointless for a industrial design student to take this internship?

Not at all.  From a drunk guy I met at a party, who was there from 5 employees to a few months ago, Bjarke's ambitions are nothing short of Jobsian.  

You'll be worked into the ground but meet a lot of cool people and the CV boost doesn't hurt :) 

Jun 6, 17 10:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: