Archinect
anchor

Is there anybody from Boston Architectural College?

- I am starting March in Fall Semester. Do you have any idea about City Lab lessons?

May 27, 17 8:12 pm
placebeyondthesplines

sigh

May 28, 17 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
winstonb.fifield

I began the "BAC" in 1963 and had a background designing geodesic models for Fuller at Geodesics in 1962. I had left Tufts Eng. I st year. I graduated Rindge Technical 1961 and finished 17th in Northeastern drawing comprehension examination. BAC drove people crazy. I insisted in my presentations doing in metric. I spent time working at many companies doing proposals for anechoic chambers et.al,. I had better jobs than Architectural Graduates and as my boss said after we had worked together on multimillion dollar projects such as Deep Space Tracking Centers. I took exam to get Mass. Construction Supervisor in 1986. I could of got it without taking exam but wanted the test experience. Life is luck. You have to be subservient. My grandfather from Donegal Ireland built 11 homes in Cambridge in 1900 to 1929. All have been stolen by the banks.

Feb 22, 18 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines_

holy shit, what?

Feb 23, 18 4:58 am  · 
 · 
JBeaumont

It's surprisingly not that incoherent if you're from Boston.  Translation:  Rindge was his high school - it's an arts and technical focused high school.  His father was in residential construction - skilled but financially troubled. After high school he went to Tufts for engineering but left after a year. He went to BAC, didn't enjoy it - one could extrapolate that this is because he considered himself to have a stronger background in construction, drafting, and engineering than the average college student, and is/was something of a know-it-all personality - and he did all his projects in metric because he'd learned it from his past work and studies and wanted to establish his differentness and/or just be deliberately annoying.  He didn't graduate.  He went to work in telecommunications, in jobs that he considered superior to those that newly-minted architects might be expected to get, but nonetheless beneath him - but he stooped to subservience to pay his dues and climb the work world ladder, eventually becoming a construction supervisor. 

Not sure that gives the OP a lot to go on re the BAC, unless the OP also coincidentally grew up in the greater Boston area, with a contractor dad, in the 1950s - but you never know...

Feb 23, 18 9:39 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines_

thanks (i guess) though i'm pretty sure no one actually gives a shit about this senile old coot's ramblings

Feb 23, 18 11:34 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines_

why am I not surprised that the prince of community college has
respect for the shittiest architecture program in existence

Feb 23, 18 4:06 pm  · 
1  · 
placebeyondthesplines_

yes, the broader base of piss-poor students doing dreadful work and devaluing accredited architecture degrees

Feb 23, 18 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines_

as far as you’re concerned, my point is that you don’t exactly have standing to participate in a discussion the merits of any architecture program, since you have completed a grand total of zero

Feb 24, 18 12:16 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines_

cool man, keep blathering endlessly into the void while we all laugh at you. you can have the last 500 words on the matter while the adults with real degrees ignore you

Feb 24, 18 2:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: