Archinect
anchor

Interior Architecture Software

LisaEvans

Any interior architects in this forum? I am about to commence studying and choice of course depends a little on what software they teach. In you opinion, what is the best software for interior architecture?

May 25, 17 6:18 am
Non Sequitur
You mean interior design and software does not matter at all.
May 25, 17 6:21 am  · 
 · 
khaledbou

I would go for 3DS Max + Vray, because the amount of resources (tutorials+documentation) is HUGE! and the 3D models made to be rendered with vray inside Max are the most available to buy/download for free. check evermotion archmodels, vizpeople, cgaxis, axyz... 

May 25, 17 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

cocker spaniel puppies are cute when they bump their heads into things.

May 25, 17 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
LisaEvans

From my research so far,it seems to be between, Revit and ArchiCAD. Anyone make a recommendation?

May 25, 17 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Sketch up. It's easier to remove columns and make pretty pictures.
May 25, 17 8:53 pm  · 
 · 
Beehelp

+1 for Sweet Home 3D. I have used it quite extensively. If you happen to have a scan of the floor plan(s). You can build 80% of the house pretty quickly. You can also import furniture models from a few CAD formats.

That said, if you want to put the effort in it (I didn't) I guess sketchup is more powerful and can be worth getting comfortable with if you envisage using CAD for anything else in the future (think 3D printers...)

Jun 12, 17 10:21 am  · 
 · 
AdrianFGA

From my research so far,it seems to be between, Revit and ArchiCAD

Between these two, I would go Revit, mostly because of its mass adoption and the Autodesk ecosystem behind it. Lots of people use Revit including those disciplines you'll be collaborating with. Also, big suppliers like Steelcase tend to offer Revit-only librairies (not Archicad).

Jun 12, 17 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: