Archinect
anchor

who to talk to about a design?

jordano00

hi all,

i just finished creating a design for my idea. my design is meant to be placed on aquariums, museums, and zoos or parks. who should i contact within a company to tell them about my design? (e.g. should i contact the CEO directly or a certain department?)

thanks!-J

May 21, 17 2:27 pm

1 Featured Comment

All 6 Comments

Non Sequitur
Talk to Richard Balkins. He'll get you connected.
May 21, 17 7:51 pm  · 
 · 

So as far as the design, it's highly unlikely that someone would look at an unsolicited design. It brings up potential issues if they do something that remotely looks like it years later (see Baltimore Ravens logo lawsuit). However, you could use it as a portfolio piece and contact the graphics/in house architecture people in those institutions and try to score an internship if you're really interested in cultural buildings. 

May 22, 17 11:29 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

Call LACMA, ask for Govan, tell him Zumthor doesn't know what he is doing with the latest round of unbuildable renderings and neither did Renzo.  You have a design that can be applied to any civic/institutional program - sell it - add an aquarium component to the museum, remember Piranhas are a very tricky species, place your building over levitated mass - it is in the way, commence demo tomorrow.  

May 22, 17 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Go on Shark Tank (no pun)

May 22, 17 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
Featured Comment

OP, that's one of the best posts ever. Good luck with that, I am dying to know what it is.

May 24, 17 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
GloriaMonet1

Good job! 

May 25, 17 9:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: