Archinect
anchor

Ryerson Undergrad Architecture admission

lavarch

Hi,

I had applied to Univ of Waterloo and Ryerson for Architecture. Sadly, Waterloo rejected my application as my portfolio was not competitive. I had decent grade of 85%. I am yet to hear from Ryerson and tensed. I am a canadian citizen but currently in India. If I fail to make it to Architecture this year, I want suggestions for alternate related courses with which I could try again next year. But, the fear of being rejected again will linger in the background. Or is it wise to take up Undergrad in India and then try for my M Arch in Canada?.Any/all relevant suggestions appreciated.Also, do we get people/professionals to help us in putting together the portfolio for undergrad admissions?.Thanks

May 17, 17 12:17 pm
Non Sequitur

Unfortunate that Waterloo gave you a no, but please note that a decent Waterloo entrance average is 90 to 95% since it is the top Canadian architecture school. 85% would be the cut-off mark in a bad applicant pool year.

With that said, is your goal to eventually work and achieve a Canadian license? If so, best you aim for both an undergrad and masters in canada because architectural practice, construction process, and legal process is much different in Canada than it is in India. You'll also have a much easier path to M.Arch with a Canadian undergrad.

There are more than just RYU and Loo. Try your hand at Carleton and McGill too.

May 17, 17 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
lavarch

Waterloo emailed me that I made past the academic stage and then asked me for the Precis and other stuff. May be this was the bad applicant pool year! I greatly agree with you about doing my both my undergrad and Masters in Canada. With Ryerson's status still in suspense, I am left with no more options this year. My concern list.. I do not want to waste this year. What are my chances getting entry into Architecture next year?. I cant redo my Grade 12 scores...

May 18, 17 3:25 am  · 
 · 
username_af

1. Ryerson is a GREAT school.

2. If your heart is set on Waterloo or another university, I would say spend some serious time this year perfecting your portfolio. There's a few posts on here on that topic. Enter a few small design competitions, make it attractive, you should be good!

Apr 11, 18 1:44 am  · 
 · 
candy.cane

sfsa

Apr 9, 18 7:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: