Archinect
anchor

Paul Rudolph - Architectural Drawings Book

Fordy81

My late dad had a 1974 copy of this book stored away in the loft. A quick search seems it's quite rare and valuable. There are 4 available on Amazon, all for at least £800+.

Can anyone tell me if this is a realistic price for this book, or has one person tried their luck and 3 others have followed suit?

Thanks

May 15, 17 12:41 pm
quizzical

It's a wonderful book. Since the volume certainly is no longer in print, that price does not seem unreasonable to me. But, as always, there has to be a willing buyer and a willing seller who can agree on the price.

Have you looked on eBay to see if there are any recent 'completed transactions' for this book ?

BTW, for books of this vintage, condition is a prime consideration when establishing a fair value.

May 15, 17 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
Fordy81

Thanks for the reply quizzical.

I have to admit that most of it is wasted on me, but it did seem to stand out amongst his many others. 

Tried eBay and there didn't even seem to be any previous finished listings that I could find.

The sleeve has some wear on the edges but the pages themselves are in fantastic condition.

I might have to try eBay with either a set price or a high reserve.

May 15, 17 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

If this is the book about which you post, there actually was a recent eBay sale at $210.

(see; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Rudolph-Architect-Rare-Beautiful-illustrations-drawings-like-new-/252813661438?hash=item3adcde54fe:g:CQcAAOSwWxNYyKr0)

May 15, 17 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
Fordy81

Ahh, I've been looking at .co.uk as I'm in England.

Good to see though. My dads is also a first edition

May 15, 17 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

It has become a somewhat sought-after book.   It is worth at least $250. USD.  Maybe more.

https://www.alibris.com/Paul-Rudolph-architectural-drawings-Paul-Rudolph/book/5022348?qsort=p&matches=6

May 15, 17 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
Fordy81

Thank you. Might try the eBay route

May 17, 17 3:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: