Archinect
anchor

Maxwell renderer for rhino

patron

HI all , I am wondering if anyone could direct me to a Maxwell forum that could help with some rendering setting? I 'm new to Maxwell render and I have a problem with the render setting .My perspective always ended up with a long time to render like 166 hours , and when I shorten the render time , my render gets really pixelate. I need something in between .

May 13, 17 9:56 am
markk

Maxwell renders images very differently than most other softwares.  You have to pay attention to the SL required for you image to be clear.  If you set this correctly (in the folder icon) you'll get a better estimate of the time it will take.

See this article for an intro on how Maxwell SL levels work: http://support.nextlimit.com/d...

Aug 8, 17 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
archinine
In my experience I found the standalone maxwell studio easier to navigate and trial/error cut render times. There's also the 'fire' widget which live renders to give you an idea of your scene without committing 20 min wait times. It also is inherently faster to some degree because your gpu isn't also trying to run rhino OpenGL in the background. Unless you have a farm which it sounds like you don't.

Inordinately long renders are usually caused by a lot of reflections/refractions/glass objects. It's very easy to turn something wacky on under a glass material and wind up with huge render times. Start with the basic default reflective materials and default lighting scenes. See if that shortens it and one by one add in the additional settings you need. Massive/complex texture maps are a common culprit as well. Consider which things you might be able to edit in later and render them as flat matte with a material ID for your photoshop wand.

Generally it would be worth your time, perhaps while you wait for your next render to populate, to briefly skim through the entire manual - which isn't too long if I recall - and focus on the advanced settings you require.
Aug 8, 17 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
archinine
Also I'm excited to hear about someone using maxwell. It doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves. By far my favorite.

Best of luck
Aug 8, 17 7:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: